Leica Glass Prices!

PeterMM1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/22/2021 at 12:08 PM, Artin said:

I sold all my 14 M lenses about 2 years ago,, it has been one of my biggest regrets in my life .. by my calculation I need to spend close to a 100,000 dollars to replace what I had 

WATE, MATE,  21mm 2.8 , 24mm 2:8. 28 Cron asph, 35 Cron asph, 35 mm Lux pre asph,  50mm Cron DR, 50mm Cron collapse  ,50mm lux asph, 50mm Noct F1 , 75mm Lux V1 , 90mm Cron asph , 90mm macro Elmar, 

What a tragedy 😪 - some gorgeous lenses there.
Was this an financial necessity or what will prove to be a very expensive brain-fart?

• Haha 1

I'm also surprised how high prices have become recently. 

I'm glad I was able to try some Leica, Leitz lenses not so long time ago before price went above my affordability levels.

Don't really miss any of them, but it was nice to have first hand experience.

If I'll be ever needed another M lens, CV for sure. I'm very thankful for them to standup for regular folks. Chinese also started to give a ride to Leica with some lenses.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Artin said:

Total brain Fart. I redirected the funds into other toys 

I hope they were good toys - a Porsche perhaps 🙂

I have many of these lenses which will never go.  In particular, I can't believe you sold the relatively irreplaceable MATE,  35 mm Lux pre-asph,  50mm Noct F1 , and 75mm Lux. The others are fairly easily purchased.  

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 minutes ago, Artin said:

No obviously I am not in them as these are models 

I made a mistake and hit the ground 

I gathered that you weren’t in the models DUH.

I thought when you wrote ‘the last one with me in it’ meant you had been in a real jet crash but still flew models 🙂

Edited by MarkP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Artin said:

Each one of these cost more then 20,000 us +

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello Artin,

It is too bad that your plane crashed. It looks like a nice plane.

Best Regards,

Michael

11 minutes ago, Artin said:

Michael that’s ok it’s part of the hobby it happens from time to time, I have 11 jets and we have a lot of fun 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I love that A-10. That plane brings you always home, regardless its damage due to enemy ground fire.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, Artin said:

Honestly,,, this is just a craze that has gone out of control, 2 years ago I purchased 2 late model M3 cameras for under a 1000 dollars CND 

a M6 ttl would sell for about 1800 cnd.  Today they are both fetching North of 4000 ... I paid 4600 dollars for a Noctilux F1 v4. Today north of 7500 dollars 

and most of these prices are driven up by people that do not even use the equipment.. most likelihood they don’t even know how to ..  

I’m so glad my Leica GAS is effectively controlled, for now…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Artin said:

I saw one add on eBay for a Leica 35mm AA. In brass chrome. For a Million Canadian dollars 

apparently it’s one off prototype    1 million dollars.  WTF. 

I’ve asked permission to my wife. She said “no”.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RayD28 said:

I did a tour of sites and noticed used 50mm 1.4 ASPH lenses have gone up about 10%.  Makes no difference to me since I have no plans to sell or trade but the kids might like it when they sell all my gear after I'm gone.  😐

When is this scheduled?

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 5:50 PM, PeterMM1 said:

I haven't been buying much equipment in a while because I basically have what I need/want. I happened to go on eBay today just to poke around to see what's available.
I have to admit I'm pretty shocked to see what Leica glass is going for lately. The last Leica glass that I bought was probably 3-4 years ago....looks like things have almost double in some cases...
Just glad that I don't need anything except maybe a vintage 50 Noctilux....😁

I like the R3 camera. I sometimes look to see if there's any good examples for sale and for a while now there have been ebay listings for them for £800 or more. Acutal value being more like £100/200 depending on condition (there are Safari and Gold editions that sell for higher prices, but not the regular versions!).

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 8:38 PM, Artin said:

Michael that’s ok it’s part of the hobby it happens from time to time, I have 11 jets and we have a lot of fun

Those aircraft look incredible! It must be very rewarding to see something you’ve designed and built take off. I’m sure the risks are worth it, and the occasional fiery end increases the incentive to build another!

As for the lenses, even when sold the pictures taken with them remain. So there is still something left  to enjoy.

Prices on the used market do seem to be all over the place these days. But with patience I’m sure it can be done. Good luck should you decide to replace them.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:52 AM, Jon Warwick said:

I have yet to see the image quality results from the lens, but I’m really really impressed by the build quality of the Voigtlander 50mm Lanthar APO that I just purchased. The focusing ring is perhaps the smoothest and most wonderfully weighted of any lens I’ve owned, and that’s including the M 50 APO. And all for c £900 brand new …..

Voightlander has made tremendous strides...  their ashperical Nokton were impressive but the recent APO... they are being released CONCURRENTLY with their leica equivalents, not years later!

• Like 1