Where can I buy an old Leica in the UK?

kirkmc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3893929

Still trading on e-bay as of last night, caveat emptor.

I would note caution also with MW Classic noted above, my son had a protracted and poor experience with an inexpensive Nikon lens purchase recently, that may not ne indicative of a general problem to be fair but I would take care. 

Bankruptcy Orders

Walnes, Peter John

Anolva, Trebarvah Lane, Rosudgeon, Penzance, TR20 9PR

Birth details: 20 February 1947

Peter John Walnes, Self Employed, of Anolva, Trebarvah Lane, Rosudgeon, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 9PR and carrying on business as Peter Walnes from Anolva, Trebarvah Lane, Rosudgeon, Penzance, Cornwall, TR20 9PR 

In the Office of the Adjudicator

No 5129104 of 2021

Date of Filing Petition: 24 September 2021

Bankruptcy order date: 27 September 2021

• Thanks 2

Some dealers who reliant on used sales only appear to be having issues with a lack of getting hold of stock judging by the updates on their websites. I suspect that this may partly at least be as a result of Covid which has changed buying habits and has given people time at home to buy and sell themselves. I notice the odd delaer showing very little new stock or even a stagnated website. It is well worth tryning to gather as much information as possible about a 'dealer' before buying from them. The 'big' names though seem to be surviving well for the most part fortunately.

• Like 1

RE: Peter Walnes

Please be very wary. Was selling a lens of mine on agreed value commission sale. Comms went dead after a few months then when questioned said lens had sold but would not pay me ANY of the proceeds due to financial problems. Then went bankrupt. All is lost...

IIRC ... Commenced trading as Peter Walnes many years ago ... 'ceased trading'' ... resurrected as 'Fieldgrass and Gale' ... ceased trading ... resurrected again as 'Peter Walnes' ... now 'ceased trading' ... again. I bought a few items over the years ... at least two returned as were faulty ... I was given same  poor excuse :"Oh!! We are unaware of that..." or words to that effect   Required chasing to obtain the refunds. Decided never to buy from them again.  Would not be surprising if resurrected again with another name ... 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...