Good morning, afternoon or evening.

Desperado

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just bought a new Leica, the Q2 007 Edition. Getting to know it so far.  I'm located in West Wales, UK. and have several other cameras, mostly M4/3 and a Sony A7 Mk3.  So why the Leica you might ask?  It's probably not why you think.

Actually I have two main reasons apart from being a sucker for design and technology. The first and most demonstrable is that my mobile phone number ends in 007. The second and most personal is that a James Bond film was the first or second film I ever saw in colour and in a cinema. I'm not sure whether the actual first was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves or Goldfinger. Either way this was in the 1960's while I was a child and my mother took us 20 miles on a double decker bus [another first] up the coast road to Aberystwyth. So I just had to try and get this camera, which I intend to use occasionally, if not intensively. Certainly it is a keeper with the intension of leaving it to my daughter eventually, when the time comes.

• Like 5

• 5 months later...