SF24D flash - off camera cable

grahamc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone 

I've just purchased a 24D for my M6 TTL.    Research so far finds the Nikon cables (SC-28 and SC17) frequently mentioned as a good option to use this flash off-camera for handheld TTL shooting.

I'm just curious if there is a Leica cable option as well that people are aware of / can recommend or is one of these the cable to go for ?

I have read comments that SC-28 is the better of the 2 asSC-17 can block the viewfinder in some instances.  Although I'm sure either is fine

Thanks in advance ! 

Metz was the manufacturer for both the SF-20 and SF-24d and never provided an off camera cable. Both the Nikon SC-17 and the SC-28 are the choices for off camera connection with TTL The connection pads line up with the Leica hot shoe and provides a true TTL. The main difference between the Nikon cables is the SC-28 has a locking foot, convenient but not necessary. I've used both on a M6 TTL and never experienced any viewfinder blockage.

Edited by madNbad
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, madNbad said:

Metz was the manufacturer for both the SF-20 and SF-24d and never provided an off camera cable. Both the Nikon SC-17 and the SC-28 are the choices for off camera connection with TTL The connection pads line up with the Leica hot shoe and provides a true TTL. The main difference between the Nikon cables is the SC-28 has a locking foot, convenient but not necessary. I've used both on a M6 TTL and never experienced any viewfinder blockage.

Great thanks.  Exactly what I needed to know before ordering. SC-28 is still available new which surprised me. I’m going to order one now