Will SL2s fit in Peak Design Everyday 3L?

biswasg

maybe you can squeeze an M lens under the other lens..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Photoworks

2 hours ago, Photoworks said:

maybe you can squeeze an M lens under the other lens..

Thanks for posting the image. It gives a clear picture. How long have you had the bag and are you happy with it?

13 minutes ago, biswasg said:

Thanks for posting the image. It gives a clear picture. How long have you had the bag and are you happy with it?

I have many bags, this one goes on city bike trips as it is easy to attach on handlebar . I am not been fun of PD products, but this does the job and it was on sale. 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the 6L for the CL and the SL2. It's great with the CL and a couple TL lens's, I think the biggest lens I've put in there with the SL2 is the Sigma 24-70 or Sigma 105mm. Like you see above there isn't for room for anything else. I like the 6L, it's easy to access and carries comfortably. I like the little security zipper feature and waterproofness. The only thing I don't like, and frequently need is a place to store a water bottle. I picked up a Manfrotto sling/backpack for the SL2 and it's ok as a backpack, but not great as a sling. Still looking for the perfect setup.

• Like 1

I think the PD 6 is a great bag for SL2, shown here with two SL Summicrons. Very comfortable fit in the vertical position as the bag is designed to function. I'm not sure how much larger the 24-90 is though, as I don't own any zooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the PD Everyday Slings. So well designed, so comfortable, so expandable, so versatile, so well made. I like how when opened out the top flap acts like a small shelf when fiddling with accessories, etc.

The 5L is perfect for an M system and will easily fit up to 1-2 bodies and a number of lenses and accessories, or one body, 2 lenses and some odds' and ends (including a compact rain jacket, etc.

I use a 10L for my SL system. I think the 6L is just too small and I like having my bags as compact as possible . Anything smaller than the 10L doesn't accommodate the hoods which although bulky, are extremely effective for sun, rain, and lens protection.  A 6L may well work with SL Summicrons but would be a squeeze with anything more than one zoom.
As you can see I've packed an SL2 and both 16-35 and 24-90 SL lenses (although I often take one or two M lenses instead of the second zoom).  If it's not clear from the second photo, the divider under the camera is sloped up towards the middle of the bag to support the lens. Under this there is easily enough room for a charger or what ever accessory may fit (I use apple charger plugs rather than cables for my chargers to make them even more compact).

Regards,

Mark

Edited by MarkP

I hope this helps....

SL2 with 24-90 mounted (hood is  fitted but it does not extend beyond the lens cap so doesn't add to the length of the lens), 16-35 sitting next door, the other divider folded over does give more space for another short lens or accessories.

However, you can see that the camera eyepiece sits too high.  It is hard to zip up, the eyepiece distorts the lid so there is less protection from impact.

I'd not be comfortable using this setup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot! At least that means you can 'park' the camera there momentarily (and would fit e.g. a summicron SL)

I have a Manhattan Portage Aperture shoulder bag that (just) takes the 24-90+SL2S nose down. It is a bit lighter, and otherwise great, but is not so comfortable when travelling by bicycle.

Edited by hoolyproductions
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hoolyproductions said:

Thanks a lot! At least that means you can 'park' the camera there momentarily (and would fit e.g. a summicron SL)

I have a Manhattan Portage Aperture shoulder bag that (just) takes the 24-90+SL2S nose down. It is a bit lighter, and otherwise great, but is not so comfortable when travelling by bicycle.

I think there could be a chance road bumps/jolts could damage the camera's IBIS mechanism if the camera + bag is attached directly to a bicycle frame or handle bar. Probably better to wear the bag with camera secured to your body to somewhat help absorb bumps while riding the bike. I don't know this as a fact, just posting as a precaution. 

Edited by LBJ2

Here are photos of 6L with SL2-s + SL35mm (with / without hood). There’s not much space except for batteries and small items. The two elastic side pockets are not much use as they eat into the bag’s space rather than expand outward. It is a bit tight for me.

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2021 at 8:45 PM, LBJ2 said:

I think there could be a chance road bumps/jolts could damage the camera's IBIS mechanism if the camera + bag is attached directly to a bicycle frame or handle bar. Probably better to wear the bag with camera secured to your body to somewhat help absorb bumps while riding the bike. I don't know this as a fact, just posting as a precaution. 

I carry my SL2s in a bar bag all the time and I go touring on my bike. A bag suspended from the bars is the best place to absorb shocks since the bag really  is 'suspended' somewhat and shocks are dissipated. Just don't do anything stupid like mountain biking. Mountain biking isn't stupid but doing it with your Leica is.

Every week I carry a dozen eggs from the farm shop in this way , a 60 minute ride,  and the eggs are always intact. If I carry them anywhere else on the bike, especially a rear rack i get broken eggs. Jolts and shocks are easily transmitted through the frame and rear rack, not so much through the handlebars in practice.Ride sensibly, don't crash and your Leica will be fine on the bars.

The Peak Design Everyday Sling 6L II is a truly versatile camera bag.  

I managed to pack my SL2 with the "trinity zoom lens" comprising a TL 11-23mm, 18-56 and 55-135mm, my phone, spare batteries, spare SD cards, cables, cleaning cloth, lens pen, slim power bank, Victorinox card, iPad Mini and a Marsace travel tripod (not in pix).  However, if I am using my SL lenses, I can only put in the SL2 with 16-35 and 24-90mm.

One of the advantage of having such a slim bag is that you can walk through the crowds easily and it is quite inconspicuous.  The use of a locking loop makes it harder for pickpockets to unzip the bag.

Although it doesn't come with a rain cover, I think the bag should be relatively water resistant as the zippers are very closely knit.

While it may not carry as many gear as compared to bigger bags, the Peak Design Everyday Sling 6L is perfect for a short outing where you don't envisage using the full gear.

I have the 20L version 2 PD Everyday Bag and the SL2s plus 50mm APO SL easily fits in the middle section.

1 hour ago, maidenfan84 said:

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this bag and an SL2s? I’m looking at getting the sl2s w/50mm sl combination, not sure it will fit in my bag or if I’d need to consider getting another one? Thank you, in advance 

• Like 1