Any Zeiss Tele Apotessar 350mm shooters out there?

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, mgrayson3 said:

The Teleconverter APO 1.4XE  seems to come in two color schemes - with and without the two blue stripes of the Superachromats.

I thought the two blue stripes meant that it had electronic contacts for the FE and CFE lenses. Those are used by the 202, 203 and 205 bodies, but they don't matter if you are mounting the lens on a Leica S.

• Like 2

That is my recollection as well. I have not used the TC's on the Hasselblads, but the two stripes means that it has electrical contacts. It also generally tracks that it is newer as well. In this particular case, I am not sure if there is an optical difference, but it probably would not matter whether you had the electrical contacts unless you plan to use in on a 200 series Hasselblad. In that case, it would be quite useful, as it would enable the lens system to tell the camera the aperture and allow for Program mode etc. Otherwise I think you are stuck with stop down metering and stop-down AE as the only non manual options.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

a sharp image at 100% on a display of any resolution looks sharp

an unsharp image at 100% on a display of any resolution looks unsharp

🙂

problem: a file at dpreview inspected using their zoom preview function at 100% on a high resolution display like Apple Retina MacBook or also downloaded and watched at 100% in Apple Preview are actually shown at 200% !!

opened in Photoshop they are are shown at 100%

so at 200% it always looks a bit soft

I use the 280/4 APO-R with the 1.4x APO converter with a Leiko converter from Germany 

https://lei-ko.de

If you use the 1.4 x APO extender, the 280 will focus to infinity. Without the 1.4x APO, it will focus to about 20-50 m only. You could send the 280/4 APO back to Wetzlar for adjustment, which will allow it to focus to infinity without the 1.4x APO.

S(006) 280/4 APO with 1.4x APO - Mark Webber in Jackie Stewart's Matra at the Goodwood Revival

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2