Let’s Start a new wish list for a SL3.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have owned the SL2 since November 2019, I have used it in the studio , for street photography, wildlife, portraits, travel , just about anything you can imagine I have thrown at this camera .. Sl lenses , R lenses , M lenses and Canon super telephoto lenses all were fine . The only thing I would like to see on the next model is a phase detect auto focus. It just sucks in tracking fast moving subjects. Fix that and perfection is achieved.

BM Raw would be great. In theory they could do 8K raw, given that the SL2 sensor already has more than the required 8192 pixels in the long dimension. Here's an idea I had back in the SL days. Leica can use it for the SL3: provide a "cine" battery grip that has holes for 15mm rods (follow-focus), XLR connectors, and a fast storage interface (M2 drive, or straight-to-USB3 raw recording).

The SL cameras are already more than good enough for me. My wish is that they are still taking great photos in 15 years time and so am I. More battery life is always welcome. I'm not interested in more features.

3 hours ago, hillavoider said:

SL3 would have to have pdaf and actual eye auto focus not just leica telling us it does and you have to trust us  🙄

the current large and very expensive l mount lenses would work with pdaf wouldn't they? 

but the eye af works, at least on the SL2-s. It does indeed focus on the nearest eye. The trick is to disable the feature if there are more than 3 people moving in the frame, in that case the alghorithm / processor is not fast and powerful enough and start to misbehave, but if you have one or two people in the frame, it works ok.

To answer your question: yes, all lenses will work with PDAF too

17 hours ago, BernardC said:

BM Raw would be great. In theory they could do 8K raw, given that the SL2 sensor already has more than the required 8192 pixels in the long dimension.

Here's an idea I had back in the SL days. Leica can use it for the SL3: provide a "cine" battery grip that has holes for 15mm rods (follow-focus), XLR connectors, and a fast storage interface (M2 drive, or straight-to-USB3 raw recording).

I really like this idea!

4 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

but the eye af works, at least on the SL2-s. It does indeed focus on the nearest eye. The trick is to disable the feature if there are more than 3 people moving in the frame, in that case the alghorithm / processor is not fast and powerful enough and start to misbehave, but if you have one or two people in the frame, it works ok.

To answer your question: yes, all lenses will work with PDAF too

That’s great about the lenses 

But eye detection doesn’t exist on the SL2 I’m afraid not even close, even though Leica sales claimed it did at the release

Edited by hillavoider