Finally: Leica Q2 "007 Edition" camera!

1 hour ago, Yarosuav said:

I don’t care for the Bond connection, but quite like the green color. Doesn’t seem like the camera itself has any Bond branding on it (aside the lens cap, which stays in the box anyway), so I don’t think it’s that conspicuous actually - no ordinary person will ever know what camera it is, and how much it cost. I would totally use it as I like the design, but wouldn’t pay a premium…

It does actually. It has the 007 identification engraved on the top plate and also at the base of the rear screen along with its position in the sequence of 250.  All are very discreet and tasteful, not in-your-face, so the edition is indeed quite inconspicuous.  There is hardly any premium if you bought the extras and case as well as the camera. 

Edited by Desperado
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

It does actually. It has the 007 identification engraved on the top plate and also at the base of the rear screen along with its position in the sequence of 250.  All are very discreet and tasteful, not in-your-face, so the edition is indeed quite inconspicuous.  There is hardly any premium if you bought the extras and case as well as the camera. 

Got it - can’t see it in the pic, so it must be discrete. It’s a great camera (I have the regular version and love it) and I hope you enjoy the results it delivers as much as I enjoy mine…

Out of curiosity - given how limited it is - were you able to just buy it from a dealer or do you have any special Leica connections?

1 hour ago, Desperado said:

There is hardly any premium if you bought the extras and case as well as the camera. 

This is the point I made in post #81.  Compared to the Daniel Craig x Greg Williams edition that cost £1,100 more with no extras, the 007 is a bargain!

Incidentally, the green leather in the photo looks different (lighter) than on the Leica website.

3 hours ago, Yarosuav said:

Got it - can’t see it in the pic, so it must be discrete. It’s a great camera (I have the regular version and love it) and I hope you enjoy the results it delivers as much as I enjoy mine…

Out of curiosity - given how limited it is - were you able to just buy it from a dealer or do you have any special Leica connections?

Thereby hangs a tale. I mentioned somewhere else that I was interested in this Edition and, partly, the reasons for it and what I would do with the set. Someone then very kindly got in touch and mentioned where in the UK I might find one, because I had tried several Leica stores and retailers with no luck. I phoned the manager of the store concerned and they did indeed have one but it was reserved for someone who would let them know if they were purchasing by next midday. Anyway, to cut a longer story short I am now the proud owner of a rare example of a superb camera and kit set.

Here is a vertical view showing the engraving on the top plate but, due to its discreet nature, losing the definition on the lens cap.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, T25UFO said:

This is the point I made in post #81.  Compared to the Daniel Craig x Greg Williams edition that cost £1,100 more with no extras, the 007 is a bargain!

Incidentally, the green leather in the photo looks different (lighter) than on the Leica website.

The colour seems to be very light-dependant. I used flash for the picture concerned, which really brings out the colour. With progressively less light the colour does indeed appear relatively darker.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NigelG said:

AFAIK the only time Bond carries a case it is the attaché case in "From Russia with Love" which contains throwing knives, gold sovereigns and an Armalite AR-7 (though I don't think this gets used) but no camera. He's surely more of a Minox user?

Perhaps there will be one in the new film. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Don't know what the fuss is about the green case, I have had the new generation green bag for many years.

Got this bag when I bought the R8.

Leica product number is 14849.

Edited by hamey
  • Like 1

Honestly, I would urge Leica to resist these silly ideas for raising quick revenue, it seems so contrary to the legacy of Leica.  Can you imagine the likes of HCB racing to purchase something like this?   This sort of gimmick makes me feel embarrassed to say I shoot with a Leica.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Jaguar have made the Project 7 and Project 8 limited editions and Land Rover have just launched a limited edition of Defender to also celebrate the association with the 007 franchise. As indeed have Aston Martin.  Limited editions, both tasteful and outré,  have been popular and interesting in all kinds of consumer goods for centuries, from high end bone china and furniture to the very top haute couture, jewellery  and horology.

The fact is that only a small number of these are made and if it is not for you, that prefers the more common build, move on and ignore it, and keep on using your perfectly good standard-issue product which performs identically. Nobody actually cares whether 'you' like or approve a special edition at all, as it is obviously not your cup of tea.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Desperado said:

The fact is that only a small number of these are made and if it is not for you, that prefers the more common build, move on and ignore it, and keep on using your perfectly good standard-issue product which performs identically. Nobody actually cares whether 'you' like or approve a special edition at all, as it is obviously not your cup of tea.

What?

Edited by IkarusJohn

28 minutes ago, farnz said:

Please don't presume to speak on my behalf; you don't know what I care about.

Pete.

Is he your Guru or something? Why do you care what he cares about this? This interests me. Is there some sort of cult you both belong to? What motivates you to care what he, or anyone else thinks and why?  You don't need to answer if you don't want to.

Edited by Desperado

27 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Is he your Guru or something? Why do you care what he cares about this? This interests me. Is there some sort of cult you both belong to? What motivates you to care what he, or anyone else thinks and why?  You don't need to answer if you don't want to.

For the same reason we might care about what you might write, provided it's adding more than a rude comment to another forum member.

That's the thing about the internet - you get all opinions; even considered opinions you don't agree with.  Generally, the internet is more interesting when you listen to considered opinions which might be different from your own.  So, yes a lot of us do actually care.

The alternative is diving down a rabbit hole where you only listen to opinions which confirm your own.  That's the realm of earth 2.0, conspiracy theories and the use of hydroxychlorine, bleach and horse anti-parasitics for covid treatment.  Briefly amusing, but ultimately dangerous ...

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 3