Finally: Leica Q2 "007 Edition" camera!

Personally, I'm not at all a fan of this and that's coming from both a Leica and 007 fan. The most exciting thing for me as this suggests No Time to Die is actually going to be released after so many postponements!

Besides, I've already owned a 007 camera (Sony DSC-T50). I also prefer to get the unbranded model used in movies as opposed to the 007 branded editions because even Bond doesn't walk around with 007 on his gear. He's a spy not a merchant banker!

Also, if it isn't an item used in the movie then that further lessens the appeal. Then again, for a spy, I can't see how a largish 28mm fixed focal length camera would be a practical choice.

*I just discovered Bond used a Leica M3 in the Goldfinger novel:

In the words of Ian Fleming, James Bond "(...) went to his suitcase and extracted an M3 Leica, an MC exposure meter, a K2 filter and a flash holder." (Ian Fleming, Goldfinger, Signet Books, 1959, chapter four, page 29).

Edited by Harvard Kiwi
Added M3 fact

Oh, come on, guys, don't hold back! It's cathartic and you'll feel better afterwards...

Has the thought crossed your mind(s) that Leica brings these things out occasionally just to make its regular items look preiswert?

P.S. Well, it would be fitting for the 007 Edition to have ghost images in the viewfinder... in fact, you could call it the the Spectre.

Edited by Richardgb

8 hours ago, T25UFO said:

But I think you are different to most of us . . . a collector who also takes pretty decent photos!

Just remind me, how many versions of the M 50mm APO do you have 😁?

Thank you T25UFO, I’ll take it! 😊 

Btw - I still have all 7 different 50 Apo! 😅 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, IkarusJohn said:

The Globe Trotter bag costs £2,000.

Shoot me now …

"...An essential companion on longer adventures, our Large Check-In case is the ultimate Globe-Trotter. The signature silhouette and handmade leather finishes will turn heads wherever your journey takes you..."

Hey, at least it's not covered with elephant hide. 😊

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Haha 1

Meeting you with a view to a kill
Face to faces, secret places, feel the chill
Night fall covers me
But you know the plans I'm making
Still overseas,
Could it be the whole lot opening wide
A sacred why
A mystery gaping inside
A week is why
Until we dance into the fire
That fatal kiss is all we need
Dance into the fire
To fatal sounds of broken dreams
Dance into the fire
Dance into the fire
The choice for you is the view to a kill
Between the shades assassination standing still
First crystal tears,
Fallen of snowflakes on your body
First time in years
To drench you skin of lover's rosy stain
A chance to find the phoenix for the flame
A chance to die
But can we dance into the fire
Dance into the fire
To fatal sounds of broken dreams
Dance into the fire
Dance into the fire
When all we see is the view to a kill

19 hours ago, Harvard Kiwi said:

Personally, I'm not at all a fan of this and that's coming from both a Leica and 007 fan. The most exciting thing for me as this suggests No Time to Die is actually going to be released after so many postponements!

Besides, I've already owned a 007 camera (Sony DSC-T50). I also prefer to get the unbranded model used in movies as opposed to the 007 branded editions because even Bond doesn't walk around with 007 on his gear. He's a spy not a merchant banker!

Also, if it isn't an item used in the movie then that further lessens the appeal. Then again, for a spy, I can't see how a largish 28mm fixed focal length camera would be a practical choice.

*I just discovered Bond used a Leica M3 in the Goldfinger novel:

In the words of Ian Fleming, James Bond "(...) went to his suitcase and extracted an M3 Leica, an MC exposure meter, a K2 filter and a flash holder." (Ian Fleming, Goldfinger, Signet Books, 1959, chapter four, page 29).

Got those just need the Aston Martin and a suitcase.....

Of course it is all quite stupid, but I am all for anything that Leica can do to ensure the company prosers and endures, ( if only, as I have said before, to keep service and repair facilities ticking over ), they seem to know their well-heeled customer's gullibilities.............But who the hell falls for this stuff? It's regular functioning Q2 for God's sake with no added features other than a new dress, boggles the mind.