Finally: Leica Q2 "007 Edition" camera!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

There had been speculation about a "007 Edition" for some time - but it obviously had to wait for the official release of the film, which had been delayed more and more by Corona - now it's here!

It is available online and in Leica Stores now for €7250.

Leica announces ‘007 Edition’ camera and exclusive photography exhibition to celebrate the forthcoming Bond movie No Time To Die

• New collaboration between two iconic brands.

• Leica is launching a Q2 “007 edition” camera, limited to 250 pieces.

• An exclusive photography exhibition celebrating the release of No Time To Die will

feature behind-the-scenes photographs shot on Leica cameras by Michael G. Wilson, Daniel Craig, Nicola Dove and Greg Williams.

Wetzlar, 9th September 2021. Leica Camera has unveiled a new Leica Q2 “007 Edition” to celebrate the release of the 25th Bond adventure, No Time To Die. Limited to 250 pieces only, the camera exudes understated elegance – just like James Bond – marked by Leica’s signature minimalist design.

This special edition Leica Q2 features the iconic 007 logo on the deck cap and the famous Bond gun barrel design on the lens cap. Each limited edition camera will be individually numbered, making the “007” camera a sought-after collectable. The camera comes in a customised and handcrafted case designed by the British luxury suitcase brand Globe-Trotter. Inspired by the

bespoke Globe-Trotter cases that feature in No Time To Die, both the camera case and camera are finished in the same Ocean Green leather colourway.

The concept of a Leica and 007 partnership began with Michael G. Wilson. Wilson, producer of the James Bond film series together with his sister Barbara Broccoli, is a leading expert on 19th century photography and founded The Wilson Centre for Photography. Wilson’s passion for photography provided the natural spark for the collaboration.

Leica’s partnership with British cinema’s longest-running film franchise has seen the cameras play a role both on set and behind the scenes. In No Time To Die, Leica worked with the 007 production team to display Leica cameras on the sets of James Bond’s Jamaican home, and fittingly the Leica Q2 in Q’s home in London.

The Leica Q2 “007 Edition” will be launched on September 09, 2021 at the official opening of the Leica Gallery London exhibition: No Time to Die – Behind the Scenes, an exclusive photography exhibition featuring behind-the-scenes photos shot on Leica cameras. The photographs were taken by long-time producer Michael G. Wilson, James Bond actor Daniel Craig, and the renowned photographers Nicola Dove and Greg Williams. The exhibition will present an edit of 25 images curated by Michael G. Wilson.

Further exhibitions will be on show in Tokyo, Osaka, Vienna, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, Singapore, China, Seoul and Salzburg in September/October 2021. A portfolio of No Time To Die – Behind the Scenes will be published in the magazine Leica Fotografie International 7/2021, that will appear on September 20, 2021.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I quite like the green leather, to be fair. But it's not worth £2,250.

As always, Leica collector items are to be seen but not used. Each one is 1/250th of the cohort and bought because there are a limited number of them, as "rare" objects, not as cameras. What a waste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A leather case is part of the package:

• Haha 8

From Leica Miami’s description it’s black paint? And no brass to wear through to? Or is this just black paint accents of some kind? Or maybe a textured paint like the Q-P was?

• Black paint finish on the camera housing
  • Bespoke ocean green leather covering by Globe-Trotter
  • Included Globe-Trotter case in ocean green leather with black leather strap
  • Iconic 007 logo in black glossy finish on the top of the camera
  • Limited Edition number elegantly engraved under the rear display
  • Metal lens cover with 007 gun barrel logo engraving
  • Handgrip with Globe-Trotter ocean green leather to match the camera
  • Finger Loop (size L) included
  • Black fabric shoulder strap with ocean green Globe-Trotter leather bindings
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Same critically-acclaimed performance and technical specifications as serial Q2 camera
Edited by hdmesa

Now I know why I can't get my 35mm APO-M I ordered last March...Leica is busy painting camera bodies.  I think I preferred Leica AG when it was a camera company rather than a "luxury brand".

Edited by m410
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like it. In fact I like it so much I had my camera done out in green leather.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10