"unable to format memory card" in Leica Fotos app.

lucy63

9 minutes ago, AndreasG said:

Is the write protection slider of the SD card in the correct position?

I think the same...

I have some SD cards which have the sliding "lock" so loose that when I push the SD card in a reader (sometimes in the camera), the "lock" SD inspite of write/read, it

was not planned and when I took it out, the sliding was only 0.5 to 1 mm in the wrong "lock" direction.

11 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

I think the same...

I have some SD cards which have the sliding "lock" so loose that when I push the SD card in a reader (sometimes in the camera), the "lock" SD inspite of write/read, it

was not planned and when I took it out, the sliding was only 0.5 to 1 mm in the wrong "lock" direction.

Thanks. No, that doesn't seem to be it but I've used another card and it formatted OK. Both brand new Extreme pro cards but there must be a glitch.

May I ask another question?..The photo's I take are showing up as b+w in leica Fotos app and as previews in LR. They change to colour when I upload them. It's strange!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, jaapv said:

Not really - you must have set the jpg to B&W, but the DNG will always be in colour.

Thx. I set the camera to use DNG only but the previous owner used b+w jpg and for some reason that I don't understand the camera needed resetting to sort the problem out.