M240(262) end of production years ?

Ko.Fe.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can't find some clear info about M 240 (262) and their variants end of production years. 

Did M-262 ended in 2019 by M-E (240)? How long M 240 was in production? Some are saying silver one was still made or at least available as new in 2019. How about P version?

….assuming whoever “posted” that in Wikipedia really knew what they were typing, LOL…

I bought my M262 new in February, 2016. I’d be shocked to hear if that particular model was produced much beyond 2017 or maybe even 2016. Seems like a really low production, one-off product and I’m still very glad I was in a position back then to make it the only M body, film or digital, I’ve ever purchased brand-new.

Edited by Gregm61
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Gregm61 said:

….assuming whoever “posted” that in Wikipedia really knew what they were typing, LOL…

I bought my M262 new in February, 2016. I’d be shocked to hear if that particular model was produced much beyond 2017 or maybe even 2016. Seems like a really low production, one-off product and I’m still very glad I was in a position back then to make it the only M body, film or digital, I’ve ever purchased brand-new.

Same here.  I bought mine (new) in 2018 but presume it was manufactured before that date.  I have other digital cameras but the M Type 262 is my favorite and only Leica digital camera.  The Leica Q seems interesting but would not consider it because of its fixed lens.

On 9/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, Gregm61 said:

It has got to be gospel truth - it was on Wikipedia!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Herr Barnack

• 1 month later...