Delayed shutter response

bobbywise

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I’ve had my M10 almost since it originally released to market, and had no issues until my recent vacation this summer.

I haven’t tested enough to find a common reason for the problem I’m about to explain.

However, typically this is the problem. When I power on the camera and press the shutter release button, the camera does nothing for a few seconds and then the shutter opens/closes. After this initial problem of waiting for the shutter to open/close, all additional attempts to take a photo work as usual (i.e. the shutter opens/closes after immediately pressing the shutter release button).

I’ve changed nothing in the camera settings. The memory card has a large capacity, and has a lot of image files on it. I’m wondering if this is making the camera ‘think’ before taking the first photo after powering up.

Has anyone had similar issues?

I’m reaching out here before formatting the memory card, resetting to factory defaults, etc….

With Well Wishes,

Rob

31 minutes ago, bobbywise said:

Hi,

I’ve had my M10 almost since it originally released to market, and had no issues until my recent vacation this summer.

I haven’t tested enough to find a common reason for the problem I’m about to explain.

However, typically this is the problem. When I power on the camera and press the shutter release button, the camera does nothing for a few seconds and then the shutter opens/closes. After this initial problem of waiting for the shutter to open/close, all additional attempts to take a photo work as usual (i.e. the shutter opens/closes after immediately pressing the shutter release button).

I’ve changed nothing in the camera settings. The memory card has a large capacity, and has a lot of image files on it. I’m wondering if this is making the camera ‘think’ before taking the first photo after powering up.

Has anyone had similar issues?

I’m reaching out here before formatting the memory card, resetting to factory defaults, etc….

With Well Wishes,

Rob

I think that it's the files on the SD card which is read, many files more time to read, if you have a look at the rear LED, it would blink if you don't cancel the blink.

If you format the card or put another new blank card the issue would be clear itself.

OK, reporting back here for the historic so to be able to isolate the issue in case others have the same problem. It would be nice to derive the root cause.

I’m running an old FW (2.7.5.0). Yeah, I know I should update the FW. I’ll do that later.

I have a Lexar 256 GB SD card with 162GB free. I replaced this with some old 4 GB maxell SD card and the issue went away (as expected). Interestingly after putting back the original Lexar 256 GB SD card, the issue has now gone away. It will probably come back with time. I’ll report back here with an update.

If the issue returns, my next test will be to remove the SD card, power cycle the camera, and reinsert the original SD card.

I’m doing this step by step to observe workarounds for anyone else who may witness the same issue when on holiday like me (i.e. only one SD card while on holiday).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!