At last, the 2021 Not "The One Challenge" Challenge details

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone has made of today. 

We are not at home, so have done this in a strange place which makes it very similar to the “real” Challenge. 

Email details for submissions will be shared tomorrow. 

Well, this would have been my entry for The One Challenge, except that I took it Thursday and couldn't make it back today.... (>spitz<)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by robert_parker
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robert_parker said:

Well, this would have been my entry for The One Challenge, except that I took it Thursday and couldn't make it back today.... (>spitz<)

That's a very long set if she's still singing today!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Oh dear. I was so exhausted by lugging and shooting with the Sinar in the morning, I had to ease my weary muscles with some ouzo and a snooze ... I forgot all about taking photos. 

I understand, it must have been ouzo difficult for you… 😁

• Haha 4

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Sandokan said:

Oh dear. I was so exhausted by lugging and shooting with the Sinar in the morning, I had to ease my weary muscles with some ouzo and a snooze ... I forgot all about taking photos. 

Perhaps it was actually Milk of Amnesia in the bathroom cupboard, Ravi.

Still, no harm done and it sounds like you had a pleasant day regardless.🙂

Pete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I spent a wonderful afternoon in the company of 8 Leica shooters with varying degrees of expertise (one of them too young to hold a camera) and it was extremely pleasant. Today I dug up my copy of “Magnum Streetwise” and am getting inspired about all the situations I should have seen and captured yesterday … 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Hope this is allowed - a photo of a Leica family camera but taken with an iphone …  you can see my discomfort of taking a self portrait. 

this was my saturday before my nap 😂. Rucksack with all the paraphernalia was 18kg and included a Q2 as well as 3 large format lenses and a spot meter

and dont ask me why they are upside down - maybe because the image on the ground glass is

Edited by Sandokan
Rotated images 360degrees
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I was wondering why a 200ml bottle of Ouzo was making me relaxed and happy… i just read the label. It is 39% alcohol and not the 17% i thought. Just as well i didnt try to take photos yesterday after drinking that

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, mikemgb said:

Film developed, I have 36 separate images, which is an improvement on my last One Challenge when I didn’t load the camera correctly and the first 18 images were on the same frame! 😂

...as long as you didn't do what I tried to in Copenhagen - which was remove the image card from a Leica 'O' Serie......📸💥😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I guess we all have been there, done that and got the t-shirt (my best Krakow shot was under-exposed even too many stops for BW400 since I got timing and focus right but forgot that I didn't use the M8 but the MP which naturally doesn't set the time automatically)

1 hour ago, Sandokan said:

Hope this is allowed - a photo of a Leica family camera but taken with an iphone …  you can see my discomfort of taking a self portrait. 

this was my saturday before my nap 😂. Rucksack with all the paraphernalia was 18kg and included a Q2 as well as 3 large format lenses and a spot meter

and dont ask me why they are upside down - maybe because the image on the ground glass is

@ Ravi - I see you got the studio version rather. I guess you are in the frame-per-hour world. On the up-side, you will never be tempted to buy a winder...

Stefan

• Haha 3

Good to see we’ve had some fun over the weekend. 

If you would like to send me your one best shot at the usual forum dimensions and file sizes to

mail at andybarton dot com

as per with the instructions at the top of this thread, that would be great. Please include 2021 Challenge in the subject of your emails  

I look forward to seeing them 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, StS said:

@ Ravi - I see you got the studio version rather. I guess you are in the frame-per-hour world. On the up-side, you will never be tempted to buy a winder...

Stefan

Actually, that is the F2, field version ... the studio version (P2) has all the shifts and tilts on gearing and weighs 2.2kg more; I have one and am now building the studio; but first I need to sell off one dozen photo bags. 

I aim to be as fast as one frame per hour. Even the field version requires taking out the lens board and ground glass holder when moving the camera and tripod to a new location (to be safe to be safe) and is not easy to carry. 

I will not be bringing it next year ... the most I will aim for in the future is within 1km of a car park on flat ground. I am thinking I may get a proper field camera such as Toyo or Chamonix; but lets wait to see how much smitten I am by the images. At least with Sinar, I could post the images on this forum (I think and hope) as it is fully owned by Leica. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is the first time I have taken part in a forum challenge and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it and due to my location at 2pm yesterday meant shooting subjects that I would not normally choose so it got me thinking in different ways and got me out of shopping with the wife and daughter which was a bonus!.

Just got to decide which photo to submit now.

Thanks for organising

Edited by fielden
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sandokan said:

... the studio version (P2) has all the shifts and tilts on gearing and weighs 2.2kg more; I have one and am now building the studio; 

Yikes - with that weight you need to be building your muscles, never mind the studio....