Ridiculous Leica Vintage Shop (https://www.leicashop.com/classic/at/en/lcc/)

bigbeeb

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm Leica user from Hong Kong, Asia. 

I noticed a local re-seller(no store, as private seller), who can use less price buy in many used/ pre-owned Leica camera form Leica Vintage Shop (https://www.leicashop.com/classic/at/en/lcc/), and re-sell it.

Look at this M262(S/N: 4962837), this camera ship to Hong Kong, mark price EUR 2,800(exVAT).

However, this re-seller, selling this M262 (S/N: 4962837) just HKD 24,800 (under EUR 2,700). 

So, I would like to report to Wetzlar, could you give me a contact?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

4 minutes ago, ianman said:

So what's the problem? If you can buy it cheaper isn't that good?

I had order some products at this store, but they said I ordered too much, and said they suspicious that I'm trading with these products and don't deliver to me.

But they allow this one re-sell it. I think so funny.

Items listed by on-line sellers, such as Leica Vintage shop, can be items on consignment, not owned by the seller.  Consignment fees can vary widely.  Also, because these items are owned by someone else, they can be offered by more than one seller.

So you think that a difference of less than 4% is worth a thread with "ridiculous" in the title?  It may well be that the private seller is acting as an agent. A private seller offers  less service than a shop - so 100 Euro discount  is not that amazing. In fact, the difference should be more.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

So you think that a difference of less than 4% is worth a thread with "ridiculous" in the title?  It may well be that the private seller is acting as an agent. A private seller offers  less service than a shop - so 100 Euro discount  is not that amazing. In fact, the difference should be more.

When we open this link: leicashop.com, we can choice to buy Brand New or Used Leica product. This store alway said, their product only allowed to sell to end customers. 

I know that guy, he always looking someone who selling Leica pre-owned product, he use less price buy in and re-sell it +HKD4,000 - 5,000. So I think the Leica Vintage shop sold this M262 around EUR 2,000(exVAT).

So I think is unfair for soneone who want to looking for Leica product at Leicashop.com. Because the true user need to paid more it.

Edited by bigbeeb

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

Since when is trade in used goods fair?

It is the buyer who controls the transaction. 

He/she can always say NO to what they consider a too high asking price or a too low trade-in offer.  That's the way this free market thing works.

Edited by Herr Barnack

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...