Tethering problem - reset to factory defaults?

mgrayson3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I did some "experimentation" with tethering - the end result being that my S3 no longer connects to a computer by the cable. I suppose it could be the cable, but I've barely used it and it was working perfectly until The ExperimentsFOTOS still works fine, so it doesn't affect my usage of the camera, but I'd be curious if anyone knows something to try like a reset to factory defaults. (The standard reset does very little.) Reinstall the firmware (no idea how one would do that)? Remove the battery for a week? Press every button while singing? Anything short of a trip to Wetzlar. As I said, the camera does everything *I* need it to do, but it would be nice if it did everything it was designed to do.

Thanks,

Matt

That is a good point! I think I did update the computers. My wife and daughters don’t keep theirs updated. I’ll give it a try..

Nope. Wife's computer on OS 11.4. Still no connection. It's still possible that even connecting to an 11.5.2 messed up the Leica's internal state. Maybe. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . This is why I advise against adapted lenses. As soon as two things are from different manufacturers, each can blame the other for a new problem.

Edited by mgrayson3