Digitizing an old Leica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

Since sime days, i this idea, of getting an Leica M again. I've used one in the past, but switched to the Sl system instead. 

Since i currently able to afford an M10, used or new, i looked ar older Models. The M9 and M8 came to my mind at first, but then i got another idea: there are leicas, like the m1 or M-Da. You can get them for like under 600$. What if you took an Digital Camera disasamble it and put it into an M-Da? Has anyone else had this idea, or even tried it? If yes, which camera did you use?

Im Still debating on the fact that it kinda would mean to "disleica" an camera, but since its an M-Da?

Thank you for your answers

vor 7 Minuten schrieb a.noctilux:

@Herbertus

Nice idea.

I never see anyone succeded in doing this, even Leica had done in DMR back for Leica R, so long ago, clever idea...

but put sensor in film  M body, it would cost much more money than buying current digital Leica M.

The thing is it depends on which camera you are using.... like for the base like the mda it will cost arround 400$. The Digital Sensor (so the other camera) i coul calculate like 500 $ for a used one. That would round up to 1000 flat. The cheapest Digital is the m8, and it was like 1500$ in not so great Condition. Also i like tinkering so there is that

Happy tinkering then,

I use happily 2x MDa as film M so long that transforming them to digital would be sacrilege.

Very nice P&S with S-A 21 😇

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

vor 50 Minuten schrieb frame-it:

First off all, thank you for the Video. So my idea was to take like the actusl interior of another Digital (prefearably one which is good) and build it into it, so i can have the M lenses.....

Still thank you for the insperation!

vor 1 Minute schrieb poli:

I believe on yOutube you can find users that build (based on a raspberry pi) a small sensor in film camera's. The quality is not great, but it seems doable. 

Saw that too, but it was a bit too scetchy for me, and also the crop was to much.... 

1 hour ago, Herbertus said:

First off all, thank you for the Video. So my idea was to take like the actusl interior of another Digital (prefearably one which is good) and build it into it, so i can have the M lenses.....

Still thank you for the insperation!

Just buy a Sony body and an M lens adaptor. 

• 1 month later...