Bad Sensors

Roamingtexan62

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I’m a M9 owner with a bad sensor that when bad late.  I’m curious if the bad sensors are still showing up in the new cameras and if Leica is having issues with find the right solution.  I’m interested SL2-S but concern if new sensor will go bad again.  What are your thoughts on this.

Matt F.

2 hours ago, Roamingtexan62 said:

Hi, I’m a M9 owner with a bad sensor that when bad late.  I’m curious if the bad sensors are still showing up in the new cameras and if Leica is having issues with find the right solution.  I’m interested SL2-S but concern if new sensor will go bad again.  What are your thoughts on this.

Matt F.

Both of my M9s as well as my Monochrom had sensors that went bad, twice on all 3 cameras. I'm still pissed off that I had to pay for the 2nd repair on my Monochrom & the M9 is now useless paper weight as Leica have stopped repairing these. 

Anyway moving on, the problem hasn't reappeared in any of the 2nd gen. M9 sensors and certainly not in any other of Leica's cameras. It was an issue that was M9 specific.

Having been burnt with the M9, I've had no hesitation in buying both the SL2 & SL2-S, which I'm very happy with.

Edited by michali

My thoughts - That problem was only with he first generation CCD sensors on the M9. Leica hasn't used Kodak-designed sensors since There is no reason to think that this problem should repeat itself with any other camera.