A new M9-P in 2021

setuporg

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the M9-P simply because that was what was available when I was buying (sorry @Topsy :))

Unlike later standard vs 'P' models having performance differences (bigger buffer in the 240, touch screen, shutter, level gauge in the M10) - the M9/9p split is basically the top plate engraving and the sapphire LCD cover

Both of these are nice cosmetic upgrades (well if one is the type to tape over the red dot, then you'll REALLY notice folks staring at the 9p top plate engraving which you might not like) but they don't make the camera any different to use..

They'll possibly be a larger ROI on the P model further down the road if you flip it, but I wouldn't count on getting your entire £750 back..

1 hour ago, Adam Bonn said:

I have the M9-P simply because that was what was available when I was buying (sorry @Topsy :))

Unlike later standard vs 'P' models having performance differences (bigger buffer in the 240, touch screen, shutter, level gauge in the M10) - the M9/9p split is basically the top plate engraving and the sapphire LCD cover

Both of these are nice cosmetic upgrades (well if one is the type to tape over the red dot, then you'll REALLY notice folks staring at the 9p top plate engraving which you might not like) but they don't make the camera any different to use..

They'll possibly be a larger ROI on the P model further down the road if you flip it, but I wouldn't count on getting your entire £750 back..

Fortunately for me one of my M9s which I use as EDC has the black dot. 😄

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Thats a lovely "brassy" M9.

In the end, went for the M9-P after getting a further discount. £2k seemed a good price and its in much nicer condition with ID16 sensor. Always been a sucker for chrome, now for some shots with that CCD sensor! (coming back to M9 from M10, raising some needed funds)

Anyone know if there is a thumbs up that well matches the chrome on the silver M9-P's?

1 hour ago, tap360 said:

Thats a lovely "brassy" M9.

In the end, went for the M9-P after getting a further discount. £2k seemed a good price and its in much nicer condition with ID16 sensor. Always been a sucker for chrome, now for some shots with that CCD sensor! (coming back to M9 from M10, raising some needed funds)

Anyone know if there is a thumbs up that well matches the chrome on the silver M9-P's?

Congrats, welcome to the M9 club. I found my 3 for my black M9s on eBay in various conditions they aren't cheap though. There are fakes out there from China but no idea on quality or colour match plus I don't think they are made of Brass. Good luck with finding one and I am looking forward to seeing some results from your new aquisition. 👍

BTW theres less paint on it now, I found once it was coming off it seemed to come off in big lumps. Not sure if it wasn't a repaint before I got it. Also the white paind has gone from the M9 logo it was coming out in bits so I fetched it all out with a toothpick. I must have some acid in my sweat or something but there's rarely a day goes by that the one pictured isn't in my hands it is my EDC.

Edited by Topsy

On 9/25/2021 at 9:36 AM, maitoparta said:

Get a lens with that £750. Never pay that much premium of M9-P. Regular M9 gets the job done just as well.

I'm sorry to point out that this is against the LUF best practices, which read: "Get the most beautiful thing you like and also the thing you wanted to get if you were getting the cheaper thing."  So the silver M9-P and the lens combo.  The silver M9-P is a thing of beauty all by itself.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yeah I’m in a prolonged honeymoon phase where I carry the silver-red M9-P on a red strap, with a Noctilux, also silver, and enjoy the colors.  The other Leicas give it a chance.  But the M10R is still coming for the low light and high res, and M10M for the texture or harsh light or rainy days…

• 1 month later...