• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t see any place to share pictures of Barnack cameras, so thought of creating this thread. All Barnack users, please share your Barnack love here!  Here’s my Leica III from 1936 converted in-factor to a IIIf by Leica in the 50s, with an Elmar 35mm f3.5 & FOOKH hood. The viewfinder is Voigtlander’s 28/35. Love this combo! Below is a pic of the camera and a pic taken with this kit!    Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst d

My IIIc, f conversion, with CLA 1951 Summicron collapsible ltm.  A beautiful camera and great lens...lovely to use. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

Leica Standard (E) 1934 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Thanks for the findings !  As I said, the screw on the top didn't look at all new to me... but had not evidence (do not pretend to be an expert on conversions 😉) ; Time ago, in this section, a detailed pricelist of all the conversions available in the '50s was published : would be useful to look at it to check if the depicted item can result from one of those options... If I remember right, sync could be provided only for cameras above a certain s/n (but I can be wrong) which could explain the lack of sync in this item.... but I tend to keep my idea that is a 3rd party job (which, of course can be finely made, anyway...  Leica repairers were often very skilled and well equipped concerns)

Edited by luigi bertolotti
18 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

Leica III, Elmar 3.5cm & FLQOO hood

Your 126444 might have come out of the factory the same day as my 126153.

My other Barnack, a III from 1936 converted in factory to a IIIf. Paired with a W-Nikkor 35mm f2.5. Love the design of this lens, fits perfectly on the III. Any fans out there? 

5 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

My other Barnack, a III from 1936 converted in factory to a IIIf. Paired with a W-Nikkor 35mm f2.5. Love the design of this lens, fits perfectly on the III. Any fans out there? 

Yes

18 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

All chrome version. My favorite LTM 35mm lens.

Edited by Doug A
19 hours ago, shirubadanieru said:

18 hours ago, Doug A said:

All chrome version. My favorite LTM 35mm lens.

My all chrome f2.5 More worn than yours.

On 9/8/2021 at 8:27 AM, Pyrogallol said:

Yes

After taking my Black Belt 35mm Nikkor out to photograph it I though I better use it.

On my new 1941 Leica Standard.

copies of darkroom prints.

It’s just a normal iiif BD, but it’s my favourite Leica (ahead of an MP, M3 and M6TTL). Perfect size and weight and balance. I prefer using the external viewfinder on this to the 50mm viewfinder in the M3 (but I shoot a lot of 90mm and nothing beats the M3 for that). MP and M6 are for wides. I sometimes hanker after a iiig or iid in black but really I would just end up splitting the use between them. 

My mother bought this IIIg new at the Misawa Air Base Exchange (Japan) in 1957 with the collapsible Summicron I, and has since bequeathed it to me. It still gets the job done!

Edited by cobbu2