I’d love an SL2 in Chrome…

Posted (edited)

Be glad if Leica survives these difficult times. And better don’t ask for exotic versions that will never bring any money. And could therefore endanger the general survival. 

I was already surprised that they offered a SL2-S. It offers not much new options and it is not a lot cheaper. In my eyes it is not even substantially better at low light. (Maybe better on pc display at 100% pixel, but not for actual prints where the resolution offers a bigger advantage than the slightly lower color noise. But photographers usually sell the full pictures and not the pixel peepers 100% blowup.)

Use both cameras to make a portrait in low light. And print both (unedited) in a rather large size (e.g. 50x70 cm or 70x100 cm). I will typically prefer the photo from the SL2 (And you probably too).

Edited by caissa
1 minute ago, TeleElmar135mm said:

You forgot the white and red (and the SL2 - K with red and white stripes for Mr. Kaufmann :) )

Seriously, though – Adding a custom order program for the SL2/SL2-S (body color, leather color) would be a great way to inject some more interest into the platform.

Well they can put out various Q and M combos fairly quickly and easily so I figured it would not really drain their resources.

I see the SL2 only continuing to sell large quantities so would expect some special finishes.

great camera.

Robb