Jump to content

Thorsten Overgaard selling 5G protection card...


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys are so cynical -  it is well-known that some people got sick from 5G masts well before they became operational, even before the electronics were installed.  Why couldn't this thing protect from non-existent electromagnetic waves?  

If you are fool enough want one, make sure to wait for his next 90% off sale.   

... and offered just as much protection  

Posted Images

On 8/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, Jrek said:

I know this guy is controversial but he took it to another level:

https://overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-5G-Protection-Card.html

I tried to order this on a Windows computer controlled by Bill Gates, but the arm I had the Covid vaccine in wouldn't let me reach for my credit card and started slapping my face. Coincidence, or something more sinister?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two men in a railway compartment. Man 1 was tearing little bits from his newspaper, licking them, and sticking them to the window:

Man 2: Why are you doing that?

Man 1: It's to keep away the pink elephants

Man 2: But there are no pink elephants

Man 1: I know - simple but effective isn't it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, Anbaric said:

I tried to order this on a Windows computer controlled by Bill Gates, but the arm I had the Covid vaccine in wouldn't let me reach for my credit card and started slapping my face. Coincidence, or something more sinister?

At least your vaccine seemed to have some effect. My Bill Gates chip neither made me smarter nor richer. I think it’s defective.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm new to Leica, having just got a Q2M last week, and this photographer was someone whose articles, while long-winded, always seemed interesting. Now I know to ignore him. It's hard to know if it's just a scam, or if he really believes this stuff. But given the price of the other things he sells, I'd think it's more likely a scam. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least it's cheaper than this one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

'Trading Standards officers are seeking to halt sales of a device that has been claimed to offer protection against the supposed dangers of 5G via use of quantum technology.

Cyber-security experts say the £339 5GBioShield appears to no more than a basic USB drive.

"We consider it to be a scam," Stephen Knight, operations director for London Trading Standards told the BBC.

His said his team is working with City of London Police's Action Fraud squad.

They are seeking a court order to take down the company's website.

"People who are vulnerable need protection from this kind of unscrupulous trading," he added.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kirkmc said:

I'm new to Leica, having just got a Q2M last week, and this photographer was someone whose articles, while long-winded, always seemed interesting. Now I know to ignore him. It's hard to know if it's just a scam, or if he really believes this stuff. But given the price of the other things he sells, I'd think it's more likely a scam. 

Hold your breath but Overgaard may even appear normal compared with Steve Huff! Take nothing for granted but be assured death needn't stifle your interest in photography. Steve Huff ( https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/ ) can sometimes write interesting camera and lens reviews, but this isn't his only talent, so if you want to chat lenses while on your way to heaven or hell get in touch with him 

https://www.freepressjournal.in/entertainment/television/watch-paranormal-expert-steve-huff-claims-he-spoke-to-sidharth-shukla-heres-what-the-actors-spirit-said

 

 

Edited by 250swb
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kirkmc said:

I'm new to Leica, having just got a Q2M last week, and this photographer was someone whose articles, while long-winded, always seemed interesting. Now I know to ignore him. It's hard to know if it's just a scam, or if he really believes this stuff. But given the price of the other things he sells, I'd think it's more likely a scam. 

It's not a scam, Thorsten has attended forum meets in the past and was a nice chap to meet, but his taste in camera bags is objectionable and ideas like this card are hard to take seriously.

He clearly knows about photography, I just wish someone close to him would 'have a word' about how some of the stuff he promotes is going to be perceived by the majority of us.

Edited by earleygallery
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I learned a lot from TO when I came back to Leica in the digital era, and I have subsequently not found anything factual or informative in his blogs which I would seriously disagree with, and opinions are just opinions. I have never considered buying anything from him, and I just ignore his, to me, bizarre outlook on such things as scientology, elephant hide and 5G. Same applies to Steve Huff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2021 at 4:39 PM, earleygallery said:

It's not a scam, Thorsten has attended forum meets in the past and was a nice chap to meet, but his taste in camera bags is objectionable and ideas like this card are hard to take seriously.

He clearly knows about photography, I just wish someone close to him would 'have a word' about how some of the stuff he promotes is going to be perceived by the majority of us.

Someone is being scammed. If people selling magic 5G 'protection' devices believe the claims about them, maybe they are also victims. Whoever manufactures them must surely know they are useless.

For the record, I like Thorsten's camera articles. I'm not in the market for his expensive bags, straps and lens hoods, but there's nothing wrong with selling honest products for whatever the market will bear (at least until the Revolution comes). We are, after all, Leica users, and can hardly complain about gear many would regard as overpriced...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2021 at 4:13 PM, 250swb said:

Hold your breath but Overgaard may even appear normal compared with Steve Huff! Take nothing for granted but be assured death needn't stifle your interest in photography. Steve Huff ( https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/ ) can sometimes write interesting camera and lens reviews, but this isn't his only talent, so if you want to chat lenses while on your way to heaven or hell get in touch with him 

https://www.freepressjournal.in/entertainment/television/watch-paranormal-expert-steve-huff-claims-he-spoke-to-sidharth-shukla-heres-what-the-actors-spirit-said

Why wait for the Afterlife when you can create Heaven on Earth with only $8000 worth of HiFi cables:

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2021/08/02/cardas-clear-reflection-a-hifi-cables-review/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good idea but I have only one concern: Will my cellphone stop working in a radius of 10ft or does it only eleminate "evil" waves? That thing looks awesome btw., if there is a nice luxary leather pouche available I might buy one.

p.s. A "bad photo protection card" would even be a much more successful item and would be closer to his core business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anbaric said:

Someone is being scammed.

Possibly, but I meant that it wasn't a scam website - if you pay for the magic card you will probably get said card sent to you in the post. What it actually does or doesn't do is another thing altogether!

Edited by earleygallery
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...