frame-it

Yes I tried the film several times. I like the look but it did not replace my favorite film Delta 400 or Tmax 400.

Here is one example with the Cinestill, developed with X-Tol 1:1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

This was from respooled rolls from Photo Warehouse in Oxnard, CA. Leica M4, Voigtlander 35 2.0 Ultron, 022 filter Kodak 5222 XX @ ISO 200, developed in HC-110 Dilution B. It's a nice film, good tonal range and easy to work with. I can see why some buy a 400' roll and use it as their only film. There are a couple of extensive videos on YouTube that provide deeper insight of how to expose and develop this film.Mostly, I prefer the t gain films like TMax or Delta.

Edited by madNbad
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I really like Kodak Double-X, which is what Cinestill is selling. It's got a very good latitude and I've shot it att EI100 to 1000 with good results.

TTL 50/2 (v3) 5222 at EI800 in HC110B CS9000

Here's another at EI800 in HC110H, which shows the grain better:

Flickr

Personally I don't buy the rebranded stuff because it robs Kodak of money which I dislike. I'd personally rather see them survive than Cinestill. And almost 10 USD for a 36-roll is extortionate when you can buy a 400-foot roll from Kodak for 283 USD plus taxes, handling and shipping. One gets more than 70 rolls from a 400-foot roll. I have an Alden bulk loader that takes 200-foot rolls but splitting it into four 100-foot rolls is as easy.

One of the things I particularly like is that it dries flat, which Tri-X doesn't for me.

Edited by philipus
  • Like 2