Insurance for a camera collection.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am a professional photographer and carry insurance on all of my camera equipment used for business. I do have several old Leica cameras that are more valuable that what my business policy my will cover. Replacement cost valuation for a film camera is not very high.

I am interested in finding out what insurance companies are available in the United States.

any suggestions?

My insurance agent divided my equipment into two parts:  the equipment I use that leaves my location regularly and the equipment that is collectible that seldom leaves my location.  The user equipment is insured as you currently do for your professional equipment.  The collectible cameras are insured as "collectibles" which can also include art, figurines, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc in addition to cameras.  That is a totally separate policy.  A list of collectible stuff is required, but not an appraisal.  Both policies are with Nationwide or Nationwide affiliates.  As you can imagine the rate for collectibles is less than for user equipment.  Your insurance agent should be able to set this up for you.

• Thanks 1