M-D Typ 262 ownership question

mrpanic

If the Exif data was seen this means that the M-D was used 😉.

Maybe you can even see how many 'frames' were taken by ex-owner :

- the zeroing (reset numbering) can not be done in M-D (or not easy)

- if you put formated SD card, then take a frame, the file number minus one would tell how many shutter counts been done.

Enjoy your new M-D very nice M,  knowing or not if it was used.

Not my camera. I did see it for sale back in June with the same photos now shown by the ebay seller from Essen in Germany. At the time I added the serial number to the list on this thread:

Looks extremely mint from the photos -- let me know if you don't want it and I will consider getting it as a spare / backup for mine ... 😄

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Datsch said:

Not my camera. I did see it for sale back in June with the same photos now shown by the ebay seller from Essen in Germany. At the time I added the serial number to the list on this thread:

Looks extremely mint from the photos -- let me know if you don't want it and I will consider getting it as a spare / backup for mine ... 😄

Out of interest, was it for sale on eBay by someone else back in June, or by the same seller? 

Hello everyone, not sure if anyone has purchased this yet however I was also looking at it. It looks mint for sure .  I looked at it and was a little concerned regarding the history of the camera since that the little plate cover next to the 'SIM card' symbol (when you remove bottom plate) is missing in the product photos.  

From the little info I was able to get from googling, this socket 'may' be a "Diagnostics" socket.  Being a little paranoid and risk-averse, I did wonder whether some work had been done on the camera and that's why the socket cover wasn't there.    The same access plate on my MD-262 is in place and it looks like it would be difficult to remove.  There is no way to open it presumably without the right tools. I asked another MD owner and there's is also in-place on their MD, but on the MD for sale it is not there (and possibly a 'diagnostics' socket is exposed)).

A photo of the socket I'm talking about is here (my MD with the socket cover in place). 

If someone has bought it already I apologise for creating any concern since I really don't know much about this particular socket.  I may have missed out on an amazing purchase as it does indeed look brand new.  Just trying to help really and see if anyone knows more.  

I'm not in the market for this camera anymore because I bought a lens instead in the end 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by grahamc

25 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Hello everyone, not sure if anyone has purchased this yet however I was also looking at it. It looks mint for sure .  I looked at it and was a little concerned regarding the history of the camera since that the little plate cover next to the 'SIM card' symbol (when you remove bottom plate) is missing in the product photos.  

From the little info I was able to get from googling, this socket 'may' be a "Diagnostics" socket.  Being a little paranoid and risk-averse, I did wonder whether some work had been done on the camera and that's why the socket cover wasn't there.    The same access plate on my MD-262 is in place and it looks like it would be difficult to remove.  There is no way to open it presumably without the right tools. I asked another MD owner and there's is also in-place on their MD, but on the MD for sale it is not there (and possibly a 'diagnostics' socket is exposed)).

A photo of the socket I'm talking about is here (my MD with the socket cover in place). 

If someone has bought it already I apologise for creating any concern since I really don't know much about this particular socket.  I may have missed out on an amazing purchase as it does indeed look brand new.  Just trying to help really and see if anyone knows more.  

I'm not in the market for this camera anymore because I bought a lens instead in the end 

Many thanks for posting this! It's certainly odd that the socket cover is missing. I am a bit concerned about seller's lack of communication, because I've sent a few questions his way both on eBay and directly via email, which he still hasn't answered after a few days. 

Edited by mrpanic

Yeah I was about to purchase it as it does of course look immaculate .  Then I happened to notice the socket we are discussing and I thought it looked a little odd compared to my own.

For what it's worth I'm an MD owner and like it so much that the thought of having a 'new old stock' example was super appealing to me, it would be nice to use the camera from new, etc etc  

In the end considering these concerns I had with it I thought that's just a bit extravagant since my existing copy is near mint .    

Edited by grahamc

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I ended up buying this camera (s/n 5150122) and the condition is NOS. The only drawback is that my film MP and Q2 aren’t  being used that much at the moment because of the ongoing honeymoon period with the M-D. 

What a brilliant piece of kit! 

Edited by mrpanic

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, 69xchange said:

Does anyone know if the M 262 is suppose to come with a socket cover too? If so, mine doesnt have one.

What is socket cover ?

Can you describe it or a picture if you have.

14 hours ago, 69xchange said:

Does anyone know if the M 262 is suppose to come with a socket cover too? If so, mine doesnt have one.

If socket cover means "cover for the hot shoe" the answer is yes.

I see it now in post #8

"socket cover"

in yellow circle ?

this cover is on my M-D (typ 262)

not covered hole on my M(typ 262)

I bought my M Type 262 brand new and there was no "socket cover" on the bottom of the camera (base plate removed).  I seriously doubt anyone removed it from a brand new in the box Type 262.  Maybe it's a different socket for the Type 262 MD?  Although not sure why that would be.

Be all that as it may, not sure why anyone finds an advantage to the MD camera?  No jpeg's, cannot use the screen to adjust anything, to view anything or firmware up date requires the use of an external devise (smart phone?) that could go obsolete at the drop of a hat.  The original M Type 262 is self contained.  I don't chimp photos so just turn the screen off.  Overall the screen adds little bulk to the camera but does add a lot of convenience.  

9 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

I see it now in post #8

"socket cover"

in yellow circle ?

this cover is on my M-D (typ 262)

not covered hole on my M(typ 262)

Yeah that's the one. So it's normal for M262 to be uncovered. Thanks!