Who would like to have an updated processor to the M 9

Pelu2010

1 hour ago, Pelu2010 said:

Hey there, to be very clear. 
I used the camera. 
I like the Camera as it is. 
---
make a good camera better. That is the aim. 

I remember (around 1968), that a friend of mine has spent months of labour by upgrading his BMW with a 2.5 liter motor. Doing it by himself without the help of a motor vehicle workshop!

So invest some time in a lection about soldering. Look for a processor, that fits your wishes. Invest further time in programming microprocessors. ........

Another way would be to wait till a Chinese startup offers such an upgrade. Somebody already produces copies of early Summicrons. See in the RRF.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jankap said:

I remember (around 1968), that a friend of mine has spent months of labour by upgrading his BMW with a 2.5 liter motor. Doing it by himself without the help of a motor vehicle workshop!

So invest some time in a lection about soldering. Look for a processor, that fits your wishes. Invest further time in programming microprocessors. ........

Another way would be to wait till a Chinese startup offers such an upgrade. Somebody already produces copies of early Summicrons. See in the RRF.

I would do. 
maybe my project for my retirement. 😉 

maybe I get some of the original 

7 minutes ago, jankap said:

Something for my retirement ! 
😉

hopefully I get some of the engineers reactivated! 

:-))) 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There are a few, not many, improvements that I wean think of. But nothing to make me want to stop using it.  As mentioned previously, if weather sealing was available as an upgrade, I would go for it. But it’s been in my hands almost 12 years now and I have no intention or desire (gas/lust whatever it’s called) to get another digital M.

The MF Hasselblad… now that’s a different story :)

Edited by ianman
  • Like 3

my m9 is like an old friend. i know what i'm getting with it and i'm happy with it.

as noted above, why the **** can't the modern Ms can't start up as fast, far more useful than card writing speeds (OMMV)

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 1:32 PM, Adam Bonn said:

my m9 is like an old friend. i know what i'm getting with it and i'm happy with it.

as noted above, why the **** can't the modern Ms can't start up as fast, far more useful than card writing speeds (OMMV)

I find that too. The start of the Camera should be Instant. 
even if it’s a small computer 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So to keep the fire burning and your brains active this is what I found today. 

https://alexhude.github.io/2019/01/24/hacking-leica-m240.html

Enjoy the ride..... 

My favorite sentence: 

End of story? Maybe not, because Leica used to put pretty weak CPUs in their cameras and XOR encryption was very popular at that time in consumer electronics, so I decided to write a simple XOR manipulation tool to compare the firmware with itself and calculate some statistics along the way.

Yeah .... that's what I was talking about .... 😉

cheers 

have beer now (or a sauvignon blanc) 

Peter