Vote on M11-D features

Datsch

Advertisement (gone after registration)

YES/NO
Review of images remaining after each shot    NO
Faux film advance lever    / thumbrest            YES
On/off on shutter button            combinded with fim lever
ISO dial on back                YES
Wifi/fotos                    NO
Thumbwheel and bump   NO
USB-C port            NO
Frameline lever        YES
Continuous mode  YES
Self Timer mode       YES
Black paint               WHY not :)
Silver chrome         YES
Black chrome        why not :)
Visoflex capable     YES
GPS   NO
M11-D-M monochrom version  - why not :)

On 8/14/2021 at 4:32 PM, petermullett said:

M11-D-M monochrom version                                    IF AS ABOVE I'D BUY IT BEFORE FOOD

+1

(though I think it won’t happen, the market for a niche concept (Screenless) within a niche camera (Monochrom) within a niche (M) seems too small) 

It was really interesting clicking on this thread as I thought I'd like to see some things added, but as I went through the comments and looked at my camera, I became increasingly aware that my M10 has hit a sweet spot for me. 

I'd always like to see improved ISO performance. MP resolution is a tough one as my M10 is good enough and if I want more, the M10-R has enough for my needs.

IBIS would be nice as it would keep the lenses small. I shoot in low light quite frequently and reducing shutter speed even further while hand-held would be nice. However, that would come with additional weight and most likely additional thickness so I'd rather keep things the way they are. 

I use a Thumbie and a Leica leather half case. I like that the bodies come with a simple design and that we can each add extra parts to suit our ergonomic desires. If the bodies come with additional attachments, then some would have to file them off to get their desired configuration and that isn't an option. It's better that we can add them, and it would be even better if they came as bundled accessories!

I hope we don't move to an EVF as I personally prefer optical. A new, improved Visoflex would be nice and I believe one is rumoured with backwards compatibility with the M10. The Visoflex 020 significantly increases the drain on my batteries so hopefully the new one will draw less power or the M11 will contain a higher capacity battery without increasing the thickness of the body. I do wonder how much the GPS function on the Visoflex drains the battery and wish it could be turned off as I neither want nor need it and would prefer it wasn't built into the body unless it could be disabled. 

Hopefully the new Visoflex will be a little smaller and won't obstruct visibility of the shutter dial. A smaller metal one would be cool, particularly if it isn't much bigger than the Voigtlander 21/25mm round metal viewfinder, but that wouldn't be able to fit the electronic components.

A level indicator would be nice, and I did like the option of white or red framelines on the M240.

With my leather half-case, it essentially operates as an M10-D when shooting, but with the option of chimping when I feel it to be necessary. I like that it protects the body and provides a small amount of additional grip. I prefer the removable bottom plate as it's different, but accessing it is the one down side of using the half-case. 

It would also be nice to be able to easily customise the red dot. While I am hugely fond of my red dot and wouldn't tape over it, there are days where I may prefer a black dot with silver Leica logo for example. It's a small thing and hugely personal, but it would be a nice touch. 

I've always loved my M10 but it's thanks to this thread that I realise just how close to perfect the M10 is for me.

*Oh, I have just thought of one thing. An articulating live view screen similar to the Fujifilm X100S. A lot of Fuji fans were opposed to this but it is so slim as not to be noticeable and most if not all detractors have come around. It makes taking discrete shots or shots from different angles much easier.

James

I agree with Steven.  The M11-D may be set in stone, but drawing it out of that stone, like any sword you find that way. takes a small miracle.  My shop, which got me an M10-D practicaly on day one, took a very long time to sell their second unit.

still:

Review of images remaining after each shot            NO
Faux film advance lever    / thumbrest                       YES
On/off on shutter button                                              YES
ISO dial on back                                                             NO
Wi-Fi/Leica FOTOS                                                         YES (if it was the only thing the rotating switch on the back did, I wouldn't waste 

battery  turning it on to wifi so often)                    
Thumbwheel and bump                                                ONLY IF IT HAS  ASSIGNABLE USES
USB-C port                                                                       NO
Frameline lever                                                               YES
Continuous mode                                                           NO
Self Timer mode                                                             NO
Black paint                                                                       NO
Silver chrome                                                                  NO
Black chrome                                                                   NO
Visoflex capable                                                             YES, absolute necessity
GPS                                                                                   NO
M11-D-M monochrom version                                    Meh

You can see from the above that the only thing which would cause me to try to sell my M10-D and move up would be 40 MPx version with otherwise the same functions.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 minutes ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

I agree with Steven.  The M11-D may be set in stone, but drawing it out of that stone, like any sword you find that way. takes a small miracle.  My shop, which got me an M10-D practicaly on day one, took a very long time to sell their second unit.

still:

On/off on shutter button                                              YES
ISO dial on back                                                             NO
Wi-Fi/Leica FOTOS                                                         YES (if it was the only thing the rotating switch on the back did, I wouldn't waste battery turning it onto wifi so                                                                                                              often)
Thumbwheel and bump                                                ONLY IF IT HAS  ASSIGNABLE USES
USB-C port                                                                       NO
Frameline lever                                                               YES
Continuous mode                                                           NO
Self Timer mode                                                             NO
Black paint                                                                       NO
Silver chrome                                                                  NO
Black chrome                                                                   NO
Visoflex capable                                                             YES, absolute necessity
GPS                                                                                   NO
M11-D-M monochrom version                                    Meh

You can see from the above that the only thing which would cause me to try to sell my M10-D and move up would be 40 MPx version with otherwise the same functions.

What colour would it be, Scott?  

• Haha 1

I'd love an M11D with an SL2S sensor (or higher resolution with a bit more high ISO capability though I must say the M10D isn't awful as it is). And electronic shutter for shutter speeds beyond 1/4000. And more complete menus (lens coding, dust detection, basically more of the M10/M11 in-menu settings and features).

On/off on shutter button                                               YES   (of the physical changes between an M10D and M11D, this would probably be most desired)
ISO dial on back                                                              indifferent

Wi-Fi/Leica FOTOS                                                         YES 
Thumbwheel and bump                                                YES (if not as useless as they are now)
Continuous mode                                                           NO (in menus yes, though i don't ever use anything other than single shot)
Self Timer mode                                                             NO (in menus yes)
Black paint                                                                       indifferent, but if i were to choose one it would be black paint
Silver chrome                                                                   indifferent
Black chrome                                                                   indifferent
Visoflex capable                                                             YES (nice option to have if needed, though I don't have an EVF for my M10D)
M11-D-M monochrom version                                     NO

Here is my vote:

Review of images remaining after each shot             NO
Faux film advance lever    / thumbrest                        NO
On/off on shutter button                                               YES
ISO dial on back                                                              YES*
Wifi/fotos                                                                         NO
Thumbwheel and bump                                                 YES
USB-C port                                                                        YES
Frameline lever                                                                 NO
Continuous mode                                                            YES
Self Timer mode                                                              YES
Black paint                                                                        YES*
Silver chrome                                                                   NO
Black chrome                                                                   NO
Visoflex capable                                                              NO
GPS                                                                                    NO
M11-D-M monochrom version                                      YES *

vor 19 Minuten schrieb benqui:

To be honest, I love my M10-D as it is. For me they have to change almost nothing: maybe a nicer Visoflex and a faster connection between the camera and my phone when I check the photos. That‘s all for me

100% consent from my side, plus an USB-C port for charging and image transfer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, farnz said:

It's interesting and encouraging to see such a wealth of support for the faux film advance lever.  Bravo!

Pete.

It’s my favorite feature of the M10D. 

This thread has me desperately looking for an M10D. Can’t find any for sale anywhere. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steven said:

It’s my favorite feature of the M10D. 

This thread has me desperately looking for an M10D. Can’t find any for sale anywhere. 

Why did you sell it some time ago? With treads like this GAS is always lurking….

Nice thread - but consider that Leica always does the unpredictable ;)  I would hope for the M11 to return to the M240 philosophy of getting the M concept into the 21st century - which would add features, maybe  not embraced by all. The steady progress of electronics must enable to miniaturize more and reduce the heat generation, which were  the decisive factors in reducing the M10  to "das Wesentliche" (superb marketing spin, that) by omitting video. etc. 

I would not be surprised if it were to be produced in parallel with M10 variants for quite a while to cater to the more conservative part of the customer base.

• Like 1