Voigtlander 28/2 Asph Ultron type II is a winner.

rclompus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just received the new Voigtlander 28/2 asph Ultron in chrome from PopFlash in Thousand Oaks, California: www.popflash.com.  Tony Rose's company is a joy to deal with. 

I enjoy 28mm lenses.  I shoot with a Leica Q, the pre-asph f2.8 Elmarit V4 and the "new" f5.6 Summaron with an M10.  Each lens images a bit differently. Voigtlander has really produced an amazing optic with the new 28/2 Ultron.  This lens represents a significant improvement in their design and manufacturing capabilities for VM mount rangefinder lenses.  It has edge sharpness at f2 with an M10 when coded as a 28 Summicron.  I had the previous 28/2 Ultron lens.  It as no slouch in the center but you had to stop down to f4 or f5.6 to get real edge sharpness.  This new Ultron delivers edge sharpness at f2.  This small chrome lens has some heft that reminds you of lenses from a generation ago. The bayonet lens hood is also a nice touch.    Here's a photo I took today of a few books as a tribute to Erwin Puts who passed away.  I miss his commentary on almost everything Leica. 

Stay healthy & be well.

Richard 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You mentioned various 28mm lenses from the Q to the summaron and elmarit version 4 so the obvious question is if you could only keep one 28mm lens which one would it be? 

I ask the question for your view as i already know my own favourite 28mm lens but curious about your view? 

Seems like the ultron 2 i guess?

Steve, I don’t have an answer for you now. Sorry. It’s too soon to make that determination. In 6 months, I’ll do a search of meta data in Lightroom and it will let me know which lens I prefer. Right now, I enjoy them all because they each image differently. Be well. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...