Visoflex stopped working without any waring signs

bellaluca

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My Visoflex stopped working without any warning.  I sent it to Leica Repair, I was told it was not repairable and past warranty just by 4 months.  Really frustrating, since they are very pricey but I depend on it when I mostly shoot with noctilux .95  .  Now I am considering buying a used one, but of course concerned with what to do, 3 month warranty for used, 2 year warranty for new.  Any advise? 

6 hours ago, bellaluca said:

My Visoflex stopped working without any warning.  I sent it to Leica Repair, I was told it was not repairable and past warranty just by 4 months.  Really frustrating, since they are very pricey but I depend on it when I mostly shoot with noctilux .95  .  Now I am considering buying a used one, but of course concerned with what to do, 3 month warranty for used, 2 year warranty for new.  Any advise? 

New one can be had for less than $500 shipped to USA through dealers in Asia. I bought one and it has been perfect. No customs duty. The lower price is still a rip-off in my view, but less than the prices being asked for by US dealers.

While a new and improved mythical EVF may arrive, expect a lot more higher price, so a new 020 is your best bet if you have to use the Noctilux wide-open with your M.

Edited by ravinj