Voigtlander 28mm f2 v2 vs v1

Al404

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm still using my Sony A7C but I would like to migrate some of my lens to M mount because I'm waiting to find a deal on M240 

I can probably buy an used Voigtlander 28mm f2  v1 for about half the price of v2 and I was wondering if I should just get straight to the latest and greatest

from what I can see online v2 seems sharper especial on mid and and border but I could not find a side by side comparison

I tried to find a side by side comparison but other than a couple of you tubers videos, (who only verbalised their opinion on improvements) there is the smaller size and weight, closer minimum focus distance and improved aspherical elements as quoted on the CV website.  I recently bought version 2 and can only add that I'm very happy with it's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq7z9kcHWlM

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boojay said:

I tried to find a side by side comparison but other than a couple of you tubers videos, (who only verbalised their opinion on improvements) there is the smaller size and weight, closer minimum focus distance and improved aspherical elements as quoted on the CV website.  I recently bought version 2 and can only add that I'm very happy with it's performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq7z9kcHWlM

Same reviewer but different post, comparing Summicron V2, Voigtlander V2 and 7Artisan f1.4.  Bit of an aha moment.

• Like 1

I had the V1 Voigtlander 28/2 and I didn't care for it at all. I remember some focus shift, and that it wasn't particularly good at close distances. 

I think (hope) the V2 has fixed these issues. It is getting good reviews, and is a lens I am looking at purchasing in the near future.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am totally happy with the 28mm V2. I have tried the 28mm V1 but I never particularly cared for it. as Oldwino mentioned above, it definitely had focus shift issues, and to be blunt I just didn’t like the rendering or the build/handling of the lens. 

The V2 is more of a spiritual successor to the older 28mm f/1.9 Ultron (the LTM version) which personally I was a great fan of years back. This new V2 is built beautifully and focuses smoothly. I’m still in the early days of getting to know it but I am absolutely pleased with it for the price. 

• Like 1