TTArtisan 0.95/50mm causing EVF/Screen Flicker on SL2

6bit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

See problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/suy2ownihdjavod/IMG_3379 5.55.49 PM.MOV?dl=0

The lens worked fine for a few minutes of use. Then the flickering started. I turned off Lens Profiles, looked through the EVF, and nothing I do seems to cure the problem. I suspect it is the brass backing on the TTA lens causing some kind of issue for the adapter (my only and best guess).

When I put on a Voigtlander or Leica lens, everything acts as expected. I purchased this lens just to see how it stacked up to the Leica Nocti.

Any suggestions or past experiences with this issue?

I am currently using this lens on my SL without issue. Will report back.

Edited by 6bit

All day with the TTArtisan 1.25/90mm. I was able to reproduce a brief flicker. Nothing like what the video showed and that is a good thing. This time, it was during focusing. Very brief, just enough to detect a black frame zipped through the EVF. I grabbed the entire lens and rotated it back and forth (with the available slack, not hard or forceful). That was able to produce the brief flicker. Kinda weird. Maybe related to the weight of the lens and/or contact and/or the adapter (though I feel the adapter is ok since I swapped them around).

I put the Leica 0.95/50mm on and was not able to reproduce this effect.

Later on, I had my Leica 1.4/50mm on and when the camera powered on, it failed to recognize the lens. A brief twist of the lens, seemed to cure that. 

Will continue to monitor the situation.