Paris Covid related protests

HuntingSand

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, HuntingSand said:

Hi Louis, thanks for checking in. Indeed, there's a real need to get back to normal here, which includes all the small and large pleasures the French capital can provide. This "sanitary dictatorship" as it is called here may have ramification for next year's elections, though. Anyway, La Coupole is open for business, which is all that matters 🙂 

You know, there is something that you should always keep in mind: French people love to complain!... There is something in the DNA that never makes people satisfied. Happy, yes; but never satisfied! They would have complained even if the government said anything different. :D I guess this is a kind of self-therapy to get the tension out of the system!... Don' t forget we invented both "Revolution" and Guillotine! 🤣

Ahhhhh; La Coupole! Where all the freethinkers, all the "Wannabes" , and all the others loved to gather for a "Choucroute" or just a glass of wine! Where you can see the celebrities from all around the world; and all those who want to see them; and of course; the tourists!.... This is how it used to be and I miss it so much!... I don't know how much it has changed since I moved from Paris; although it had not changed from many decades!.... Nostalgia!.....

Enjoy your glass of wine, my friend! ;)

Edited by Louis
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fotografr said:

Outstanding photo reportage. When I saw news coverage of these demonstrations I said to my wife, "I guess the US isn't the only country with a lot of dimwits."

But the difference is that in Paris, I doubt they would end up in violence  and in those nonsense talks and believes that we see in some other countries! lol

They take any occasion to have fun!... lol

Edited by Louis

vor 11 Stunden schrieb fotografr:

Outstanding photo reportage. When I saw news coverage of these demonstrations I said to my wife, "I guess the US isn't the only country with a lot of dimwits."

Thank you. But I think you may be a bit harsh, Brent. The folk I talked to during the march (most of them vaccinated, btw) were all over the political spectrum, except perhaps to the far this or the far that. Marine Le Pen would not have made for a great speaker at this rally (Jean-Paul Sartre would have!), I think the French people simply expect better from their (elected) leaders. Anyway, I met some other Leica photographers there, always a pleasure to compare notes with these guys.   

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Louis,  Owners of burned cars and scooters, of broken windows, don't doubt. For lot of demonstrators it's just to take some tan and exercise( and practise of breath control in case of tear gaz😭) between Bastille and République  during a sunny afternoon 😆, not for all..

10 hours ago, Louis said:

But the difference is that in Paris, I doubt they would end up in violence  and in those nonsense talks and believes that we see in some other countries! lol

They take any occasion to have fun!... lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gelatino said:

Louis,  Owners of burned cars and scooters, of broken windows, don't doubt. For lot of demonstrators it's just to take some tan and exercise( and practise of breath control in case of tear gaz😭) between Bastille and République  during a sunny afternoon 😆, not for all..

True! But this is all a part of the complaining character. Most of them are doing that to have “fun” ;) , but at the end of the day, they all go for a drink! :) They are mostly young guys without any real purpose in life! … For me, what is worse and more destructive are the strikes. The political syndicates! But I think we shouldn’t go any farther in this photography forum! 🤗😅
Your excellent photo in the Architecture gallery  explains better than me! 😂 :

Edited by Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, HuntingSand said:

Thank you. But I think you may be a bit harsh, Brent. The folk I talked to during the march (most of them vaccinated, btw) were all over the political spectrum, except perhaps to the far this or the far that. Marine Le Pen would not have made for a great speaker at this rally (Jean-Paul Sartre would have!), I think the French people simply expect better from their (elected) leaders. Anyway, I met some other Leica photographers there, always a pleasure to compare notes with these guys.   

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Apparently I misinterpreted what the protest was about. My impression was that the people were protesting government mandates for measures to stop the spread of the virus. I guess I'm not clear about why they were out in the streets. What was the basis for the demonstrations?

The "dimwits" I was comparing them to are the people in this country who refuse to wear a mask or get vaccinated simply because they don't like being told what to do. The fact that it's in their best interest and will protect not only them but their families, friends and neighbors is irrelevant.