Location of a series of photos

Advertisement (gone after registration)

While reorganizing my photo content folders on my computer, I noticed that 'File' Info | 'Where' of some DNG images gave subfolders named for locations where the photos were made, There were some hints that subfolders were actually named by me at the time that I stored the files, and that may actually have been the case.prior to my I revisiting the photos some ~13 y. after they were made??

OTOH, I _am_ curious whether any naming may have occurred within the camera, or whether that naming would have had to be done when I originally stored the images on my computer hard drive??

Best,

jwc

Jack, welcome.

What is your software for managing your computer and files? Do you have a file management system as part of your post-processing? Some cameras will allow you to alter the file naming  structure within camera. Can you give some examples of file names you want and some of file names which remain mysterious?

There were several different types of RAW files, each with a different suffix. Not many adopted Adobe's DNG standard. Perhaps this is causing some doubts. Perhaps further clarification will help.