New firmware for the SL2? I

All 9000

Advertisement (gone after registration)

25 minutes ago, LBJ2 said:

FWIW, If I found I could only hit one AF frame in 10 after all the hands on time I put into learning the SL system I would not keep that camera either.

That's what I did. Dumped the SL2, and I'm reasonably happy with the SL2-s. It is better in that regard, though far from ideal, but at least it's decent.

I'll probably buy a SL3 whenever will be released, since I expect a bigger jump in performance due to a more powerful processor (or at least I hope!) 

As a SL2-S owner.....

One difference from the SL2 has not been mentioned - video. I know the SL2-S is marketed as the video-capable body, which is related to the smaller pixel count and related processing requirements. But it also has no artificial 30 minute limit on video recording. I have heard (but cannot find chapter & verse) that the EU tariff law that required a 30 minute limit is no longer in force. So why not remove this limit for the SL2 as well?

On 9/1/2021 at 4:57 PM, Simone_DF said:

That's what I did. Dumped the SL2, and I'm reasonably happy with the SL2-s. It is better in that regard, though far from ideal, but at least it's decent.

I'll probably buy a SL3 whenever will be released, since I expect a bigger jump in performance due to a more powerful processor (or at least I hope!) 

Hmmm - having had my first chance to use the SL2 system for real world performance work in the last couple of days, I have to say I'm VERY pleased with FACE/BODY recognition AF.  My hit rate exceeded expectations.  Having moved over from Canon 5D4 + fast L glass I was not sure how things would work.  After 18 months of landscape and still life, I'm still learning the system.  However, I now feel fully confident that it will do the job.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by chris_tribble
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1