case advice please

johntobias

Advertisement (gone after registration)

have my new SL2/24-90 and cart it around in the billingham SL2 case (fabulous)   When I'm out with my MP/M lens..I just use an artisan and artist half case to protect the camera... is there a DECENT quality half-case available for the SL2 (other than the cheapo ebay china specials) for when I travel light with just the SL2 and Summilux-M ????   cannot seem to find much out there.

thanks folks

They are out at the moment, but Leica Store Miami carries some very nice half cases for the SL2:

https://leicastoremiami.com/collections/bags-and-cases-half-cases/products/arte-di-mano-half-case-for-leica-sl2-with-battery-access-door-open-style-black-with-black-stitching?variant=33590175400067

Or you can order directly from the Arte Di Mano website.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

nice but what a price !!  the soft as butter lambs-leather Artisan and artist leather half case for my MP was only £100  !   I have no doubt about arte di Mano quality but at that price, I'll just leave my RRS baseplate on for protection...thanks anyway...I guess a&A might get round to doing one , or even LIM like I had for my Q2 which was excellent 

Individual choice, of course, but personally I see no need for a case on my SL2.  Body has excellent grip, is fully weather sealed (not the M lens), looks very nice and has well thought out battery and SD card removal. Why complicate matters, adding weight, size and a non-sealed wrapper?

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No right or wrong; just my preferences.  But I also have never used a case for any of my M bodies, going back to the 80’s, regardless of their many different finishes.  All held up well with normal use. Besides, I’d rather enjoying looking at and experiencing a nice M body, including black paint, rather than hiding it in a case. Reminds me of those who put a ‘car bra’ on the front of a beautifully painted sports car; seems the only beneficiary is the person who might later buy it used in mint condition. Others take a different approach.  It’s all good.

Meanwhile, the SL2 is built like a tank and I use it as a versatile tool in varying conditions. (Initially, though, some did post pics showing some paint scuffs relatively soon after purchase… but I haven’t seen similar reports recently. Might have been an early production issue.)

Jeff

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johntobias said:

I see your point , my MP is black paint but I suppose the black chrome of the SL2 is much more durable .    Food for thought,  😊 thanks Jeff

The first scuff always is heart clenching, but then it becomes a nice patina. I like the look of this one

• Like 1

Nude!    And staying that way !  Thanks folks 👍🏻🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍🏻

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2