Raw Developer for Wider view on Q

did you try searching the forum ??

https://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-Q2-digital-rangefinder-Page-2.html

>>>>>>>

Leica Q2 is a 24mm with 51MP, not just 47MP and 28mm

I keep referring to the Leica Q2 as a 47MP and a 51MP sensor camera, and it is. The Leica Q2 is a 28mm camera with a 47MP sensor on the paper, but in the real world it has a 24mm frame and 51MP when you import the photo into Capture One Pro.

The 28mm frame (top) and how it looks when you import the photo to Capture One Pro. As you can see, you have a 24mm frame with the 28mm frame framelines marked.
The 28mm frame (top) and how it looks when you import the photo to Capture One Pro. As you can see, you have a 24mm frame with the 28mm frame framelines marked.

You see a 28mm crop (8368 x 5584 pixels) in Capture One Pro, but you also see more outside that 28mm frame. There is more space outside the frame, which you can include (9005 x 5715 pixels). Very helpful in the cases where you missed the top of a head or an elbow, because it might be there.

In Adobe Lightroom you see the cropped frame, but if you click on the photo with the cropping tool, you will see the entire 24mm frame with the 28mm crop.

In this way, the Leica Q2 is a 24mm camera with a 28mm, 35mm, 50mm and 75mm crop.

Thank you! I guess I found the terminology confusing. It’s still a 28mm lens but with a larger image circle that can be revealed by choice of raw developer. What people mean is that it has a wider field of view that can be extracted.