Oh, for the old days .....

thighslapper

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Once upon a time here in the UK we could get a lot of things done locally .... until they closed down Milton Keynes and everything had to go to Germany. All my experiences in recent years have involved turnaround times of weeks ..... or more.... and the costs have been ruinous. 

My camera backpack fell off a table the other week..... although the lens on the camera looked undamaged the barrel was obviously distorted as there was a grating when the focusing ring was rotated. I booked an assessment/repair online, received a return box with prepaid next day delivery return a couple of days later. Confirmation of receipt the next day, confirmation of repair completed and despatch the following day with delivery the next working day (monday, there is a weekend in between). No charge as under warranty ..... even though I admitted it was probably impact damage.

A miracle ?

No ..... this was Fuji for my GF 23/4 lens. Apparently par for the course. :rolleyes:

Much as I love my Leica gear ..... customer service has frequently left a lot to be desired. 

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1

I had the same issue a few years back. My dealer quit handling Leica. He explained that he could no longer compete with online sales and everybody buying pre owned equipment to avoid higher costs. That left me with Leica USA. They were inundated with the small staff that they had and sent most everything to Germany. That took a lot of time.

• Like 1

But don't forget that MK was closed as an emergency economy measure when the company was on the point of going under. If they hadn't managed to get back on their feet, it wouldn't have been slow service, it would have been no service.

• Like 2