RRS L Bracket vs. baseplate

Andrew12000

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm thinking of selling my Leica M10, which is fitted with an RRS L Bracket, which includes a handle.  I don't have the original

Baseplate. The L Bracket has the base plate integrated.   I would think camera with RRS bracket would be worth at least as much as if I just had a plain Baseplate.

My Buyer says "no" , w/o original Baseplate its value goes down and RRS Bracket won't make up for it.  He says:  "Go ahead, ask them on Leica Forum and see what they say"

So I'm asking?

I would also separate the L bracket from the camera and sell both separately.

I have the impression that the market for an original M10 is a lot larger than the market for that L bracket (which looks at least from my point of view pretty ugly).

@Andrew12000same question: what happened to the original base plate?

I wouldn’t walk around with the RRS plate attached unless I intend to use it for that purpose. True story: I bought one because I had dropped and cracked the original baseplate the first day I had the M9. Worse double mistake. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://leicastoremiami.com/collections/m-system-camera-accessories/products/leica-base-plate-for-m10-p-black?variant=13404680880172

I would try to sell it like it is on Facebook Leica group first. maybe someone wants it like that.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/leicaclassifieds

good luck