Has anyone tried the Sigma L Mounts?

Thanks.

I have been going through the posts and looking at the various images. I did see a thread for 16/30/56 with images there.  It is hard to tell if the images are jpg/raw or post. I do have the 30mm on the way. I’m in that curiosity phase now, like do I need to have a Leica lens to get that Leica character in the image.  Maybe over time I will be able to get the TL lens but it is even tougher since they are slower, bigger or both vs. Sigma. 

How bad is the distortion without lens correction for the CL? I mainly shoot for OOC jpg plus raw just for back up. I don’t have much time for Post process anymore. Only app I have right now is PerfectlyClear, have not used it for quite sometime so I’m not sure if even does those lens profile corrections.

Edited by Taki8888

Posrprocessing for DNG is exactly as fast as for jpg. Only easier. Just shooting jpg and doing nothing is the same as getting Walmart prints from film. I don’t know PerfectClear. I guess you would be the first member to use it. No it won’t do lens corrections I am sure-and modern lenses do need them. 

• Like 1

I have the 30mm contemporary, and tested it just for IQ. In the center the Sigma is very sharp but disappointing on the edges. The 23TL is good edge to edge but not as sharp in the center.  I took the 23 to Hilton Head last month and  it is compact and rendered some really nice colors. I compared the 35TL to the 30 Sigma contemporary and the Leica holds a slight edge on sharpness and carries it edge to edge. I did all this indoors during the winter while everything was gray and blah outside. I should compare them now that everything’s green.

I have tried the Sigma 16/24/30/45/56/ and the 16/24/30/45 are still in my possession, the only reason the 56 was sold is that personaly it is too long as a prime for what I shoot.

My Wife has a CL also and she uses the Sigma's a lot more than I do (I tend to shoot with the Voigtlanders with an M adapter) She says that the render of these Sigma lenses reminds her of shooting Contax Zeiss lenses, with good contrast and warm colours. Yes the Leica TL lenses have the edge but for weight/price/IQ the Sigma's are beyond excellent, all of them.

Edited by Marac
  • Like 4

I use the Sigma 14-24  and the Panasonic 24-105 on my Lumix S1, and I have the Sigma 45mm that I use on the CL frequently.

All are great. Sigma is at the top of their game, producing some amazing glass. On the CL, the 45mm is a great portrait lens.

Weird bug: for some reason, the 45mm on the CL produced a warning that said "this lens on this camera will cause the camera to show a low battery warning" and sure enough, it does. No clue why.

Edited by hteasley
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, hteasley said:

I use the Sigma 14-24  and the Panasonic 24-105 on my Lumix S1, and I have the Sigma 45mm that I use on the CL frequently.

All are great. Sigma is at the top of their game, producing some amazing glass. On the CL, the 45mm is a great portrait lens.

Weird bug: for some reason, the 45mm on the CL produced a warning that said "this lens on this camera will cause the camera to show a low battery warning" and sure enough, it does. No clue why.

Does the latest firmware for CL and lens help on the error? Does it actually affect battery life or just something to ignore? 

On 8/2/2021 at 1:37 PM, Driften said:

Does the latest firmware for CL and lens help on the error? Does it actually affect battery life or just something to ignore? 

There was a lens firmware update that appears to fix it. I always forget to check on lens firmware. Battery life seems fine.