Looking for feedback for transceivers that will fire an off-camera flash (no TTK or HSS) on a Leica Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I will be receiving my Q2 shortly but need advice on "triggers" for off-camera flash only.  I will only use manual settings.  I have a Canon EX430II flash and a couple Cactus V6II transceivers.  Has anyone tried that combo and can comment.

I've used Paul C Buff CyberSync (before my transmitter partially broke) with an older EX430 and the FlashQ 20II.   However, I used them on my Q, not Q2.  And my M.   And Canon 7D.  I expect most any transceiver  will work.  At some point I may pick up an extra FlashQ receiver to use with my EX430.

1 hour ago, marchyman said:

I've used Paul C Buff CyberSync (before my transmitter partially broke) with an older EX430 and the FlashQ 20II.   However, I used them on my Q, not Q2.  And my M.   And Canon 7D.  I expect most any transceiver  will work.  At some point I may pick up an extra FlashQ receiver to use with my EX430.

Thank you for your reply.  Like you, I think the combination should work for strictly manual operation.  Unfortunately my camera store didn't have a Q2 that we could have used for confirmation.

Thank you again..

On 7/18/2021 at 11:40 PM, luetz said:

I will be receiving my Q2 shortly but need advice on "triggers" for off-camera flash only.  I will only use manual settings.  I have a Canon EX430II flash and a couple Cactus V6II transceivers.  Has anyone tried that combo and can comment.

On 7/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, luetz said:

Thank you for your reply.  Like you, I think the combination should work for strictly manual operation.  Unfortunately my camera store didn't have a Q2 that we could have used for confirmation.

Thank you again..

I have several triggers including Pluto but none work with Q2 as they all require a cable appropriate to camera in use for connection, none of them are wireless. Have asked Pluto for advice with Q2 and they confirmed its impossible as there are no cable connections on this camera and they do not make for the Q2. Incidentally my triggers work only with Sony cameras as these require an appropriate camera compatible cable. I was hoping they might make a shoe connector for this camera but they don't.