Using Q2 with Leica Fotos for remote and trying to fire exposure bracket

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the Q2 with 3.1 firmware. Connects to Leica Fotos on iPhone no problem. However if I am trying to fire the shutter with the Fotos app and camera set to exposure bracketing the camera only takes a single shot. As if fotos is over riding the in camera setting. 

Has anyone figured out a way to use fotos with the Q2 to fire camera remotely and get a exposure bracket?  

Thanks 

Paul

Received an answer from Leica. Currently it appears that fotos over rides the current camera settings. This is why you get the error screen on the camera when connected to fotos if you try to make any changes to camera settings via the camera. And Fotos will only allow you to fire the camera for a single exposure. IMO a huge oversight. 

At least you can use the self timer to fire the bracketing which can’t be done in the SL2. 

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Can you explain exactly how Leica Fotos on the iPhone works.  I’d like to use it for long exposures on a tripod without physically pressing the shutter button to avoid any movement.

Thanks,

Steve

(old school photographera)