Looking for a small travel bag for a M10, preferably available from Amazon, with B&H being second choice.

MikeMyers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm not sure if I'll really look into any camera bag other than Billingham again.  

I love the one that I bought, and at some point may buy a slightly larger version, depending on how much gear I want to carry with me.  A single M10 is fine, but then how to select between 35, 50, 90, and now 135 lenses.  

The bag I just bought is likely to be perfect for me most of the time.

Thanks for all the advice!

8 hours ago, Likaleica said:

Beautiful and very robust but their velcro is incredibly noisy.  Yes, they have the no-noise flaps, but those make the bag less secure.

The velcro is loud; I don't use the silencer flaps much, but they are good to have sometimes.

Regarding security, I love the top flap under the main flap that zips the camera compartment closed.  For security, that is about the best feature any camera bag maker has ever come up with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herr Barnack said:

The velcro is loud; I don't use the silencer flaps much, but they are good to have sometimes.

Regarding security, I love the top flap under the main flap that zips the camera compartment closed.  For security, that is about the best feature any camera bag maker has ever come up with.

I have the Retrospective v2 4 and while it’s the right size it lacks the zipper top. I went to the 7 which has the zipper top but It has more capacity then I would use. So I went to the 5 which met my needs and has the zip top. I have so many bags sitting in my closet it’s crazy. Mindshift, Ona, Think Tank, Wotoncraft, Bellingham. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Pixeleater said:

I have the Retrospective v2 4 and while it’s the right size it lacks the zipper top. I went to the 7 which has the zipper top but It has more capacity then I would use. So I went to the 5 which met my needs and has the zip top. I have so many bags sitting in my closet it’s crazy. Mindshift, Ona, Think Tank, Wotoncraft, Bellingham. 

Welcome to the club!

As long as your total number of camera bags does not exceed your camera and lens count by a factor of five, you are safe.  If it climbs to 6 or 7, you may have a camera bag fetish.  At 8 or 9+, it's probably time for an intervention.

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have had the PD Field Pouch v2 for two weeks and I am satisfied with it.
Perfect for one camera and one lens ( likes 35mm/50mm Summicron ) or small camera 
It is a very simple camera pouch set up
It's a shame that the materials, detailing and internal compartments are not as impressive as the v1 version...
But if it's on sale, it's still worth a try

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From the small "brochure" that came with my Billingham:  "Every inch a Hadley, the Digital is the smallest in the range - and the ideal choice if you want to carry your camera and little else, but with the reassurance of having Billingham security and protection at your side.  Its smaller stature doesn't mean it is any less capable - it should fit a mid-sized DSLR with the lens down or even two rangefinder style cameras side by side".  It even has a fold-down flap that protects your gear from above.  The only 'negative' is that it is rather expensive.  None of the bags I have owned until now offer the same degree of protection for my camera gear - but when I selected them, I paid a lot more attention to the cost.  

I never would have known any of this but for you guys - I used to think camera bags were pretty much equal, with access to the camera being a priority.  

I have far too many camera bags. Billingham bags are fantastic, and my Peak Design Messenger is very functional. However, my black M10 needed something black, leather, and just the right size. I splashed out on an Ona Berlin II which met all my criteria. It doesn't scream "CAMERA BAG!!!" but once you know what it is, it's a great compliment to the M system. It allows me to hold the body, a couple of lenses and some other accessories. It's big enough to just fit my iPad Pro 11" without a case for on the go editing. The one (understandable) con is that it can get a bit heavy if filled. The leather is thick and develops a nice patina while the red interior lining is also beautiful. The little red rivet paying homage to Leica is a nice touch as it is specifically a Leica x Ona product.

Camera bags are a subjective choice so go with what you like. I just thought I'd throw this one in the mix for anyone interested.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1