Q2 Monochrom SELF-TIMER question

I have the Q2 rather than the Q2M but am naively assuming it will be the same!

The self timer can be set for either 2 seconds or 12 seconds. It can be started by pressing the shutter button.

The only way to trigger the shutter remotely is to use the Leica Fotos app on your smartphone. Many people here have problems getting Fotos to connect with their camera but personally it works fine for me, but I only use it as a remote control for the camera and not to transfer images to my iPhone or iPad. 

Hope this helps.

The only way I've found to remotely control the shutter is the Fotos App. If you need an arbitrary delay using the shutter button, there is a trick  - use the interval shooting feature for a single shot set the arbitrary time based on the delay setting.  Josh Lehrer [Leicastore Miami] mentioned the feature during one of the YouTube sessions.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, ianforber said:

I have the Q2 rather than the Q2M but am naively assuming it will be the same!

The self timer can be set for either 2 seconds or 12 seconds. It can be started by pressing the shutter button.

The only way to trigger the shutter remotely is to use the Leica Fotos app on your smartphone. Many people here have problems getting Fotos to connect with their camera but personally it works fine for me, but I only use it as a remote control for the camera and not to transfer images to my iPhone or iPad. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks I’ll try the Leica Fotos app. Even if I set the self timer to say 12 seconds, it will still require the initial pressing of the shutter button which could cause some minimal blur.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, scroy said:

The only way I've found to remotely control the shutter is the Fotos App. If you need an arbitrary delay using the shutter button, there is a trick  - use the interval shooting feature for a single shot set the arbitrary time based on the delay setting.  Josh Lehrer [Leicastore Miami] mentioned the feature during one of the YouTube sessions.

Thanks for the tip.  I purchased my Q2M from Josh so I’ll give him a call.