Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When I was a young child my summers were spent walking the 600 or so metres from my home to the nearby river to play in its clear waters. Now close on 70 years later this image reminds me so much of those happy days. That is the power of photography.

Leica M6 + 50mm Summicron f2 - Kodak T400CN film - ©1997

Gerry

Edited by gwpics

Same time, almost, same country, different river, same distance, but no one talked about metres. Maybe 600 yards to the river, digging small ragworm “wrigglers” in the mud amongst the broken glass. The best ones were right by the edge of the mud where it dropped off into 20 feet of salty tidal harbour water. Not far from where this recent picture was taken, with a 111g and 50mm Summicron.

Very true Gerry, and the older we get the easier it is to  remember the past and forget what we had for breakfast.

Both shots are nice thanks Pyrogallol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gwpics
      I am slowly managing to get out more now, ands back in my usual coffee shop yesterday. I couldn't resist taking a candid image of this young lady at the counter because of her height. She must have been about 1.8 metres.
      Leica M240 + 35mm Summarit f2.5 @ 1250 iso. 1/250 @ f2.8 and post-processed in Lightroom Classic.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By anitsirk
      Hi, I'm new to Leica and I'm looking into small-ish lens for everyday use. Which one of these (assuming all are in good condition) would you recommend?
      Prices are:
      Summicron €389 (little haze)
      Elmar €499
      Modern Elmar-M €660
      Leaning towards the modern Elmar-M but I have zero experience with leica lenses.
      Thank you!
    • By gwpics
      Just selected by LFI for their gallery. Leica M7 with 35mm Summarit f2.5 and using Kodak Tri-X lab processed. Permission given by drag artist to photograph.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By gwpics
      It was great to finally be able to get out to my favourite cafe yesterday and drink coffee with a friend I haven't seen since Christmas. I have been having problems with my knee and have found walking almost impossible but thankfully I am just using one stick now.
      This is one image I grabbed whilst sat outside the cafe in the beautiful sunshine
      Leica M240 + 35mm Summarit f2.5
      Gerry

• By frame-it
      https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/07/kodak-rochester-new-york/619009/