If you could ask Peter Karbe one question...

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

... what would it be ? One question only. 

I was invited to take part of talk with Peter Karbe on July 9th, along with other Leica photographers. I do not know the full details of the event, but I was told that I should be able to ask a couple question. What do you want to know, or understand from him? 

Cheers

Steven 

32 minutes ago, Steven said:

... what would it be ? One question only. 

I was invited to take part of talk with Peter Karbe on July 9th, along with other Leica photographers. I do not know the full details of the event, but I was told that I should be able to ask a couple question. What do you want to know, or understand from him? 

Cheers

Steven 

Why the SL line (both camera and lenses) are so heavy

Edited by Simone_DF

32 minutes ago, rtai said:

Which classic lenses are being considered for the reissue treatment?

He is on record saying he is not interested in re-issues, as he is looking to develop 'perfection', so would be an interesting general question about his thinking on re-issues (remembering of course he will be on best corporate behaviour). 

I feel a bit for him (PK) as he seems to be constantly having to answer 'silly' questions ( not in anyway suggesting yours is a silly question, as I would like to know too!)  Unfortunately Leica are always tight lipped on future plans.

Edited by pedaes

4 minutes ago, pedaes said:

as he is looking to develop 'perfection'

I would ask anyway:

Would you consider making M lenses so small and light (eg non-aspherical) that it would be at the expense of (some) image quality?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, pedaes said:

I feel a bit for him (PK) as he seems to be constantly having to answer 'silly' questions.

Agreed, this is why I opened his thread. At this point, I still can't think of any interesting, clever, and unexpected question to ask. I doubt I'd be able to ask him more than one or two questions, if any at all. 

The truth is that they asked me two weeks ago to send a question list by email, but I was swamped at work and didn't have time to send anything on time before the deadline. So I don't even know if I'll get any mic time! 

• Like 1

Just now, evikne said:

I would ask anyway:

Would you consider making M lenses so small and light (eg non-aspherical) that it would be at the expense of (some) image quality?

The 35APO is, objectively speaking, so small and light already. I fear it would be insulting to him to assume he failed at bringing optical perfection in a sufficiently tiny package.... 

• Like 3

Even though I don’t use 24mm M lenses, I’d be curious about the future of the focal length within the M line (none in current production) and the philosophy/reason for its absence (sales volume or other?). 

Jeff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2