X2 seems to be getting slower with the years, is it just me??

SheltonCoolio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been using my X2 with no problem for many-many years but for some reason it seems like the camera is becoming slower and slower. When I use "C" and shoot a few images in a row it takes probably two o three times more to transfer the data than what it used to be before. Also the operation of the lens is delayed: when I shut off the camera it takes a very long time to retract the lens (not because it's doing some other process)... I don't know what is happening... is it too much use and maybe the camera needs to be clean up and lubricated? It is just too old now? is it just me? Has anyone experience something similar? And if so, how did you resolve the issue? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Materials,  design and technology have progressed. But, the X2 camera still produces good quality pictures. True, components age and wear and don't compare well with younger models. Such degradation occurs with humans, too. But we don't throw them away just because they can no longer run a mile.

I still take my X1 and X Vario out for light activity. Often the results bear comparison with pictures taken with more modern kit. They still give me pleasure and remind me of bygone times. Enjoy your X2 for what it can do. There is no reason why an owner and an old classic camera cannot age gracefully,  together. 😊

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, SheltonCoolio said:

I have been using my X2 with no problem for many-many years but for some reason it seems like the camera is becoming slower and slower. When I use "C" and shoot a few images in a row it takes probably two o three times more to transfer the data than what it used to be before. Also the operation of the lens is delayed: when I shut off  omegle  xender the camera it takes a very long time to retract the lens (not because it's doing some other process)... I don't know what is happening... is it too much use and maybe the camera needs to be clean up and lubricated? It is just too old now? is it just me? Has anyone experience something similar? And if so, how did you resolve the issue? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

thank you my issue has been solved

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can still remember 'dial-up' internet....now, THAT was slow.

But camera speed etc ...no big deal. I agree with all and just take it in stride. Actually the X1 and 2 are known to be somewhat 'analog' in feel so consider yourself shooting analog and have same expectations is my thinking. jim

• Like 1