MP deliveries?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

24 minutes ago, EddieCheddar said:

JackBaty — thanks for the heads-up that Camera West had an MP in stock (post #35). 
I just grabbed it. 
Very excited, too!

Yay! I'm happy to hear you got one. Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I don't expect to get much sleep tonight. This is not my first M but it's the one I've wanted most for a long time. Maybe we'll get to compare notes once you receive yours :).

Ha!  "I'll show you mine if you show me yours!"

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow, too.  
Yes, if you want we can "direct message" each other on here, or talk on the phone, and compare notes and then compare photos on the "picture" thread on here.
Can't wait.

(Is it tomorrow yet?)

Thanks again!

I am wondering if this recent flurry of interest, and purchases of, the MP is indicative of a real uptick of use of film cameras? There certainly is a backlog of production and supply of the MP at Leica, and maybe the MA too. I bought an MA last year, and then recently as per my posts on this thread a MP, this along with a Nikon F3 and a FE this year too, ( really great cameras and systems, I'd forgotten how damn good the earlier F Nikons were, still are ). I found little reason for my usage to upgrade my M10-P to the M10-R even though I tried the R for a couple of weeks, ( my dealer gave me a "loaner" ), but I wasn't sufficiently impressed with the camera to take the financial hit in upgrading and the excitement surrounding what may be the sometime due M11 leaves me somewhat cold. The 10's are just fine and anyway I have a M10-M and a M10-D along with the P and perhaps in all good reason enough is enough............Now pretty much finished with pro' work I am finding that my pace of personal photography now is slower and much more deliberate, something that suits film photography better than digital acquisition I think.....So a return to using film, though not exclusively, is hopefully going to prove to be a good direction to go now. I take photographs to print those which work for me, it's a complete process that I've embraced for a long time because in makes perfect sense and now developing the film, scanning and selecting "keepers" will round out the whole "slower"approach..............If only I can finish the work on building the darkroom, the exposed rolls are mounting up in the drawer! 

Peter, why don't you buy another drawer ?

Just kidding.

My best film + M user 'model' is Garry Winogrand as 'film user' I repeat myself.

It didn't matter to 'see' the results, the most important is 'taking the pics', he had (legend ?) left thousands of rolls unprocessed when he passed away.

I like the idea that he didn't return home if not finishing his 'for-the-day' ten rolls which he transported in his pockets.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As my interpretation of his famous words:

...photographed and not showed as printed photos or on screen 🙃

another nice quote ...

When I’m photographing I see life.

I don't have anything to say in any picture. My only interest in photography is to see what something looks like as a photograph. I have no preconceptions.

Edited by a.noctilux
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Peter, why don't you buy another drawer ?

Thanks for the quotes Arnaud!

Darkroom?....Getting closer, finished the electrics today, some carpentry tomorrow and plumbing in the sink and taps next Monday or Tuesday. It should be in operation later in the week, but two rolls of Tri-X that I've run through the new MP have just joined the "waiting list" so it'll be a long first processing session.

On 7/7/2021 at 11:43 AM, johntobias said:

Ben sourced my BP MP immediately for me last feb (21j since then, the secret is out and folk that we’re looking for the very best M6’s are spending a bit more for an MP

Who is Ben?  Is he from Leica Store Manchester?

Camera Exchange - Melbourne Australia has stock - chrome only 

MP https://www.cameraexchange.com.au/product-page/leica-mp-film-camera-new

MA https://www.cameraexchange.com.au/product-page/leica-ma

Leica Melbourne only has M-A (Type 127) in stock - black & chrome https://leica-store.com.au/categories/camera_systems/leica_m/filmcameras

On 7/13/2021 at 6:46 AM, yeeper said:

Who is Ben?  Is he from Leica Store Manchester?

Ben is now the third generation "Stephens" to run the store. He and his team are extremely helpful.

When I bought my MP 10 years go, the focusing patches were misaligned, so they sent it back to Solms (at the time) and a new one was delivered very quickly - allegedly checked personally by Stefan Daniels.

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2021 at 1:02 AM, andybarton said:

Ben is now the third generation "Stephens" to run the store. He and his team are extremely helpful.

When I bought my MP 10 years go, the focusing patches were misaligned, so they sent it back to Solms (at the time) and a new one was delivered very quickly - allegedly checked personally by Stefan Daniels.

Thanks!  I got in contact with him and apparently my MP came in back in February but they couldn't get a hold of me or there was some miscommunication.  He checked with his stock guy and it is still sitting there ready to be shipped!  So hopefully I'll have it in the next week.  Thanks!