MP deliveries?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 hours ago, petermullett said:

I received a black paint MP this past week, but sadly it's on it's way back to Leica France via my dealer because the rear ASA dial was stuck on 100 ASA right out of the box............Now I have to wait for it's replacement which they promised would be soon, we'll see.

I do like though that it really does appear that more people are ordering/buying film M Leica's, and other film cameras too mostly used I guess in that case. It's interesting and maybe a small indication that many are getting tired of the constant 2 years or less pressure and desire to "upgrade" on the digital side of things, certainly so in my case. Of course there's also more than a few Leica M buyers that are purchasing them for the "bling"....but that's ok, it helps keep Leica ticking over which is only a good thing for those that use their cameras enough to need a good CLA or service now and again.

Droplet of oil. Did that to mine 10 years ago, still smooth...

Am 5.7.2021 um 10:28 schrieb petermullett:

I received a black paint MP this past week, but sadly it's on it's way back to Leica France via my dealer because the rear ASA dial was stuck on 100 ASA right out of the box............Now I have to wait for it's replacement which they promised would be soon, we'll see.

I do like though that it really does appear that more people are ordering/buying film M Leica's, and other film cameras too mostly used I guess in that case. It's interesting and maybe a small indication that many are getting tired of the constant 2 years or less pressure and desire to "upgrade" on the digital side of things, certainly so in my case. Of course there's also more than a few Leica M buyers that are purchasing them for the "bling"....but that's ok, it helps keep Leica ticking over which is only a good thing for those that use their cameras enough to need a good CLA or service now and again.

Am 29.3.2016 um 14:05 schrieb sarav:

Press slightly with the whole thumb over it and rotate....don't press too much in the centre with your thumb. it rotates with light clicks and fast. It doesn't require any strength.

@petermullett you saw the posting?
The "stuck" ISO dial is a common issue with the MP, however I tried, what @sarav recommended and it works fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, plaidshirts said:

Same here. I’m very content to have an M-D 262 as the only digital Leica body. Lenses on the other hand…

Lenses are exactly the same for me. The more “advanced” they get, the less attractive their are to me. I have only ever bought one lens new, and that was the re-issue of the old 28mm Summaron.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Helge said:

@petermullett you saw the posting?
The "stuck" ISO dial is a common issue with the MP, however I tried, what @sarav recommended and it works fine.

Thanks, but yes tried all that, compared it too to my M7 that has what appears to be the same ASA dial and the M7's dial works as it should but no joy with the MP. If it was on 400 ASA instead of 100ASA I might have simply decided to live with it because all I use is Tri-X, but no such luck. The dealer also tried it before it was returned to Leica, same result..........Well and truly stuck.

1 hour ago, Albert Sych said:

I just got my silver chrome MP two days ago. 8 week wait. I hope this would last for many years to come, and no need to upgrade unlike digital. 

Have fun with your camera, be sure to post a photo of the newborn in the I Love my MP thread! :)

There is no need to "upgrade" with digital.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 28framelines said:

Where did you order from? Here’s hoping I get mine soon, I’ve been waiting 9.5 weeks now

From the Leica retailer in Ukraine and they I assume ordered directly from Leica. I can well share your feelings while you are still waiting. But maybe a long wait is part of the allure (and the process of procuring a Leica), especially when you finally get your MP

8 hours ago, Albert Sych said:

From the Leica retailer in Ukraine and they I assume ordered directly from Leica. I can well share your feelings while you are still waiting. But maybe a long wait is part of the allure (and the process of procuring a Leica), especially when you finally get your MP

Haha this is very true, I guess it is part of the allure!

On 7/6/2021 at 3:05 AM, yeeper said:

Has anyone received an MP recently through Leica Store Manchester?  That's where my order is (from last year).  To keep my ear to the ground at a secondary dealer, I signed up for stock alerts at B&H.  I keep getting notices of "We haven't forgotten about you!  It's still back ordered."  So I'm assuming Leica Store Manchester is also getting zero MPs from Wetzlar.

Ben sourced my BP MP immediately for me last feb (21j since then, the secret is out and folk that we’re looking for the very best M6’s are spending a bit more for an MP (quite right too). That and unlocking of covid restrictions mean demand has gone up and production is static.  Hence a wait ….well worth the wait might I say !   MP is undoubtedly camera nirvana imho

Edited by johntobias
Double post

Following up on my post# 24, the "replacement" MP arrived today, everything seems to be just perfect. The rear ASA dial on this MP moves as it should. Grateful to my regular dealer and Leica France for making a swift swap out of the previous MP for the newer one in about a week.

Film already loaded, Tri-X of course, if only I had managed to finish building the darkroom in the wait time but it was too short, Leica was too quick and I still have the electrics and plumbing to complete!

2 hours ago, petermullett said:

Following up on my post# 24, the "replacement" MP arrived today, everything seems to be just perfect. The rear ASA dial on this MP moves as it should. Grateful to my regular dealer and Leica France for making a swift swap out of the previous MP for the newer one in about a week.

Film already loaded, Tri-X of course, if only I had managed to finish building the darkroom in the wait time but it was too short, Leica was too quick and I still have the electrics and plumbing to complete!

👍

Nice to hear that was quick, Peter.

Just curious, as MP are scarse these days.

Do you have the same MP with a replaced rear door ?

If you had noted the former serial number, of course.

12 minutes ago, a.noctilux said:

👍

Nice to hear that was quick, Peter.

Just curious, as MP are scarse these days.

Do you have the same MP with a replaced rear door ?

If you had noted the former serial number, of course.

Hello Arnaud, it's a new replacement MP. Actually I would have been quite happy if the first MP could have been repaired, in fact all that was needed was for the rear door to be replaced so that couldn't have taken more than a hour............but my dealer in Bordeaux told me that Leica France insisted on replacing the camera and promised that they'd do that swiftly, and so they did. Really good customer service on the part of the dealer and Leica France...........wildly different from the dealings I recall from Leica USA in NJ when I used to have to deal with them, hopefully they've improved in the intervening years.