M10-R - Failure from day one - camera freezes

EdwardM

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello dear friends.

Bought M10-R couple of months ago  and had no occasion to shoot before today and immediately after the first press of the shutter, the camera freezes. No response on any buttons, had to remove the battery each time.
So, accidentally managed to install a new software update, but it did not help either, i have  never faced such a problem with a new camera.

Given the lockdown and logistic issues between Russia and Germany, i have no idea what to do.  Its just 8k USD useless black brick now.

On 7/3/2021 at 4:32 PM, EdwardM said:

Hello dear friends.

Bought M10-R couple of months ago  and had no occasion to shoot before today and immediately after the first press of the shutter, the camera freezes. No response on any buttons, had to remove the battery each time.
So, accidentally managed to install a new software update, but it did not help either, i have  never faced such a problem with a new camera.

Given the lockdown and logistic issues between Russia and Germany, i have no idea what to do.  Its just 8k USD useless black brick now.

I have three Leica M camera (M10-P, M10M, and M246M), and they suffer from this freeze issue.  I'm almost certain it's a firmware bug, but Leica will not confirm nor deny it.

I suggest using slower memory cards (90MB/s or slower), because it seems to reduce the likelihood that it will freeze/lock up.  It doesn't solve the problem, as you will encounter the problem again, but it won't freeze up as often.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Had the same issue on a new M10M. It froze relentlessly and needed the battery removed for a reset. It was a SD card sensitivity issue as it froze on three of my cards but not on a fourth. Dealer swapped it for a new body. Card type or size didn’t matter, it just wouldn’t work with 75% of the cards we tried.