Greetings from Romania

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings from Bucharest, Romania!

Analog photography and darkroom technique have been hobbies of mine for a long time. As far as small format is concerned I've given up on SLRs and become a rangefinder fan about fourteen years ago, give or take. I'm saying "as far as small format is concerned" because occasionally I also shoot medium format (Mamiya RB67), 4x5" (Chamonix) and 8x10" (Kodak Master View). 
I've been dreaming about a Leica M ever since I fell in love with rangefinders, but at first I couldn't afford one, and later on, even when I could have (kind of), I found it hard to justify spending so much money on a Leica when my lovely Voigtländer Bessa R3M did the job so well. But in the end the inevitable has happened - emotion was stronger than reason, and I got myself an M-A. 🥰

So, in a nutshell: quite experienced in the film and darkroom field, but a newbie in Leica matters. Which is why over the next few weeks you can expect a lot of questions from me, some of which may be silly - I apologize in advance for that.

Edited by Vlad Soare
  • Like 3

Welcome aboard my friend.  Yes, Leica is a very special entity.  I had one of those RB67’s and loved using it (mainly for street, portrait, and architectural stuff).  Kept it until I got the Mamiya 7 system.  Nothing is too silly around here. We are all friends and enjoy each other’s company.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Vlad, I would be interested in your Chamonix experience - is it a field camera you have? I just joined the big boys with a Sinar but I will have to train a lot before taking it out for landscapes. Welcome to Leica - the R series is also great for film and still at an attractive price point for bodies and lenses.